How can bpp=8 be supported in i.MX 6 solo processor?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can bpp=8 be supported in i.MX 6 solo processor?

jinming
Contributor I

Currently, I am using LTIB L3.0.35_4.1.0_130816_source.tar based on Linux 3.0.35 and expecting to use bpp=8 via HDMI available on the board (i.MX6 processor). The following u-boot parameters are configured.

setenv bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 nosmp video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,640x480M@60,bpp=8

But the linux kernel reports the following information:

mxc_sdc_fb mxc_sdc_fb.0: cannot get pixel format

imx-ipuv3 imx-ipuv3.0: mxc ipu: unimplemented pixel format

imx-ipuv3 imx-ipuv3.0: Unsupported burst size 1

mxc_sdc_fb mxc_sdc_fb.0: cannot get pixel format (output from drivers\video\mxc\mxc_ipuv3_fb.c)

imx-ipuv3 imx-ipuv3.0: mxc ipu: unimplemented pixel format

It seems that 8bpp pixel format is not supported by the IPUv3 framebuffer currently. Please help me on how to support bpp =8 in it? Is there any patch available for supporting bpp=8?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
4 Replies

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Jin

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Jin

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, as I mentioned in the SR, current bsp couldn't support this. if one want to support his, should change the software by customer/

0 Kudos

qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

8 bpp was not supported in iMX6 frame buffer driver, I think you can set the frame buffer to 16bpp, then fill the framebuffer with your application in 8 bpp. Then let IPU display IDMAC use generic mode to transfer the data. There is no such patch, you should implement it by yourself.

But for HDMI, I think it can't support 8 bpp.

0 Kudos