Enable fastboot for mx6ull_evk u-boot

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable fastboot for mx6ull_evk u-boot

debevv
Contributor I

Hi, I'm trying to generate an u-boot 2020.10 image with fastboot support, starting from the mx6ull_14x14_evk_defconfig, but I'm getting compilation errors.

These are the config entries I added to the config:

--- /configs/mx6ull_14x14_evk_defconfig
+++ brick_uboot_defconfig
@@ -20,6 +20,7 @@
 CONFIG_CMD_GPIO=y
 CONFIG_CMD_I2C=y
 CONFIG_CMD_MMC=y
+CONFIG_CMD_USB=y
 CONFIG_CMD_DHCP=y
 CONFIG_CMD_PING=y
 CONFIG_CMD_CACHE=y
@@ -34,6 +35,10 @@
 CONFIG_SYS_RELOC_GD_ENV_ADDR=y
 CONFIG_SYS_MMC_ENV_DEV=1
 CONFIG_ENV_VARS_UBOOT_RUNTIME_CONFIG=y
+CONFIG_USB_FUNCTION_FASTBOOT=y
+CONFIG_FASTBOOT_BUF_ADDR=0x4000000
+CONFIG_FASTBOOT_FLASH=y
+CONFIG_FASTBOOT_FLASH_MMC_DEV=0
 CONFIG_DM_74X164=y
 CONFIG_DM_I2C=y
 CONFIG_DM_MMC=y
@@ -58,3 +63,8 @@
 CONFIG_SPI=y
 CONFIG_DM_SPI=y
 CONFIG_FSL_QSPI=y
+CONFIG_USB=y
+CONFIG_USB_GADGET=y
+CONFIG_USB_GADGET_VENDOR_NUM=0x18d1
+CONFIG_USB_GADGET_PRODUCT_NUM=0x0001
+CONFIG_CI_UDC=y

Looks like this config does not support USB at all, as you can see from the build log I attached.

I tried with older versions of u-boot, including the one from the latest official BSP, but I get the same result

I saw a prebuilt u-boot supporting uuu (and as a consquence, fastboot, i guess) inside the iMXULL demo binary images package downloaded from NXP site. How should i proceed to generate a similar u-boot image that supports USB and fastboot?

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Sorry but no, the only thing that it comes to mind is that NXP release have it enable is for UUU to work correctly as I have said before.

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Yes, you're correct uboot should have fastboot enabled to be able to flash the board images trough UUU.

Are you using mainline uboot or NXP uboot release(uboot-imx)?

If you're using mainline uboot you may refer to mx6ull_14x14_evk_defconfig from uboot-imx, since mainline uboot do not have fastboot enabled by default.
https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/uboot-imx/tree/configs/mx6ull_14x14_evk_defconfig?h=imx_v...

To build the same binary as the demo you may clone this repository and use the defconfig above. Also, you can look at the Linux documentation we have available here:
https://www.nxp.com/design/software/embedded-software/i-mx-software/embedded-linux-for-i-mx-applicat...

Especially the i.MX_Porting_Guide, chapter 3 Porting U-boot

Hope this helps,
Best regards,
Aldo.

debevv
Contributor I

Hi, thank you, looks like the build from uboot-imx works.

Do you have any info on why the u-boot-fslc does not work intstead? Isn't it the recommended repository by NXP to use for real projects?

0 Kudos