Config i.MX6UL OTG2 as OTG mode?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Config i.MX6UL OTG2 as OTG mode?

viking_yuan
Contributor II
In the default, OTG1 is set as dual mode (OTG) and OTG2 is set as host mode. Is it possible to set OTG2 as dual mode (OTG) and set OTG1 as host mode? If OTG1 is set as host mode, can we still use mfgtools to burn the images via the USB port of OTG1?
0 Kudos
5 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi viking_yuan

>Is it possible to set OTG2 as dual mode (OTG) and set OTG1 as host mode?

yes. For example one can look at sect.4.9.9 Changing the Controller Operation Mode

i.MX Linux Reference Manual​

>If OTG1 is set as host mode, can we still use mfgtools to burn the images via the USB port of OTG1?

not. It should be in device mode for usage with mfgtools.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

viking_yuan
Contributor II

Hi igor,

According to https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/Configure-USB-OTG2-port-in-peripheral-mode-in-iMX6-Eval... only one of the 2 OTGs can be configured as OTG mode. OTG1 has been configured as OTG mode because of the need to use mfgtools to burn images. So, it means that OTG2 would never be configured as OTG mode because OTG 1 has occupied the OTG setting. Is this correct?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

yes correct, according to referenced link with ERR010661, if detach detection is not used

both OTG ports can be used.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

viking_yuan
Contributor II

Hi igor,

What's the setting of OTG 2 if I'd like to set it to OTG mode? I tried the following but it didn't work.

&usbotg2{

dr_mode = "otg";

disable-over-current;

status = "okay";

};

0 Kudos

viking_yuan
Contributor II

Is there any one who has experienced on setting OTG2 as device mode?

0 Kudos