cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot Time for FreeRTOS in M4 core

ajmalali
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using FreeRTOS on the m4 core on the i.MX8QXP MEK. I am using the 2.3 SDK(Beta) from NXP. How can find the boot up time of FreeRTOS? Is there any mechanism to calculate it.

Regards,

Ajmal

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ajmalali
Contributor III

Hi,

I came across something in my analysis and i want to validate it. 

In the API reference manual, there are API's available for TSTMR (Timestamp Timer), a free running incrementing counter that starts running after system reset de-assertion and can be read at any time by the software for determining the software ticks.

What i am confused about is whether this timer is enabled by default or do we need to do initialize the same? if its enabled by default, can i just use this for boot time measurement?

Regards,

Ajmal

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ajmalali,

Unfortunately the BSP it is still in Beta version and we are not able to have this number of time of the booting process since it is not finish.  Nevertheless I need to tell you that you need first to boot with the Cortex A using Uboot then you can Boot from FreeRTOS.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ajmalali
Contributor III

Hi james,

For clarity, Are you suggesting that i need to boot the A-35 (linux) core first and then boot the M4 core second for me to be able to measure the boot Time for FreeRTOS on M4 core?

Regards,

Ajmal

0 Kudos