cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Enable the flash light function in i.Mx6

mohamedsarjoond
Contributor III

Dear Team,

We are using i.MX6 SODIMM , and system is android lollipop 5.0.1, Linux kernel is 3.10.53.We are using ov5640 Parallel CSI camera.

We have made the native camera app work, now we want to implement the flash/torch light function in camera app
The LED flash light driver we are using is tps61052 and the driver is enabled/added in linux kernel 3.10.53
but when we open the camera ,can't find the flash light option(thunder arrow mark). Only Front camera and Grid option is showing

How we can enable the flash light option in the camera app and how to add the flash light controls on Hal layer, so that the application layer can control the flash light functionalities(on/off)

Any ideas/suggestion will be helpful ?

Thanks in advance

Sarjoon

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

deepakbeniya
Contributor II

Hi @mohamedsarjoond  any update how you have implemented the flash/torch light feature in HAL layer ?
Any referance link will be helpfull.

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Hope this helps: https://community.nxp.com/thread/383399 

regards

0 Kudos

mohamedsarjoond
Contributor III

Hello sir/Madam,

Very sorry for the late response.

And thanks for the link. That gives some idea. but TI doesn't have any tps61052 driver for Andorid OS in particular. But what kind of changes need to be done to get the driver to sync up with Android architecture. Because in that query there is no methodology to do that.

If you any any flash control source code on Android for reference. It will be good if I get any sort of reference.

Thanks & Regards

Sarjoon

0 Kudos