Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Cortex-M4 in i.MX7 Software Video Encode Capability

Jump to solution
george
Senior Contributor II

Dear all,

Currently, we have planned the product for the image analysis used i.MX7.

We use CA7 only for analysis, and CM4 does mpeg encoding(mpeg) of the input from parallel Camera, and then passes it as UVC to PC.

What performance is mpeg encode of VGA size in the above application using CM4?

What frame rate can be processed?

If there are benchmarks which is reference, please let me know.

Best Regards,

George

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The CM4 core of i.MX7 series processors has not enough performance for such a complicated and resource-intensive task as on-the-fly mpeg encoding. So, no benchmark metering has ever been performed for such a case.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The CM4 core of i.MX7 series processors has not enough performance for such a complicated and resource-intensive task as on-the-fly mpeg encoding. So, no benchmark metering has ever been performed for such a case.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

george
Senior Contributor II

Dear Artur,

Thank you for the reply.

We understood your advice.

But I think that we need to try it.

Please tell, if you have the information which is a help to for it.

For example, is there any sample code to refer?

Best Regards,

George

0 Kudos
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Unfortunately, no, there is no such a reference code and no any estimation for such a task.

0 Kudos
george
Senior Contributor II

Thanks,

George

0 Kudos