Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6ULL開機時,RGB888隨機無輸出訊號,Panel沒畫面

kevin_chuang
Contributor I

問題現象:6ULL開機時,RGB888會隨機無輸出訊號(可能100次開關機會有2次的機率),導致Panel沒畫面輸出。

kernal版本:
Linux imx6ull14x14evk 4.14.98-2.2.0+g5910884f0fa2 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jun 27 05:00:11 UTC 2022 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

使用情況:

1. 我們6ULL的ONOFF是使用LPC804去控制,使6ULL去開關機,但開機有時Panel會無輸出畫面,量測後發現RGB888無輸出訊號,CLK會保持在High。

2. 我的6ULL的VDD_SNVS_3V3會一直供電,不斷電。

也試著使用6ULL的EVK去用ONOFF做連續的開關機,原先是正常ONOFF後可以正常畫面輸出,但測到後面多次ONOFF後,EVK已經發生異常的現象,上電後需要等待一段時間才會有Panel畫面輸出。

請問我可以讀取什麼暫存器或量測什麼訊號,協助我們debug。

謝謝!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what panel do you use? lcd display? and what source code do you change? could you dump the registers and share the log file here?

0 Kudos

kevin_chuang
Contributor I

Hi Joan,

Attachment is the debug message of "Normally turn on" and "Abnormally turn on".

The phenomenon of abnormally turn on will cause the 6ULL no output RGB888 signal.

We find the debug message of abnomally turn on has "mxsfb 21c8000.lcdif: mxs wait for pan flip timeout".

We find the similar messages in the other topic.     https://reurl.cc/2mr8L4

Do you have any ideas about the issue?

Thanks!

Kevin

0 Kudos

kevin_chuang
Contributor I

Hi Joan,

Do you have any ideas about the issue?

Thanks!

Kevin

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos

kevin_chuang
Contributor I

Hi Joan,

I still can't understand the solution about the issue after I refer to the topic.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/IMX6ULL-GPU-initialization-problem-pan-flip-timeout/m-p...

Can you give me a clear solution about the issue that the debug message appear "mxsfb 21c8000.lcdif: mxs wait for pan flip timeout"?

Thanks!

Kevin

0 Kudos

kevin_chuang
Contributor I

Hi Joan,

Do you have any updates on this issue?

Thanks!

Kevin

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

did you test the timing of lcd output? how to reproduce this issue on the imx6ull evk board?

0 Kudos

kevin_chuang
Contributor I

Hi Joan,

Attachment "Pixelclock of 6ULL & Panel screen" is the video file about situation of 6ULL occur no output RGB888.

The left side of the video is an oscilloscope, which shows a 6ULL RGB888 Pixel_clock signal, and the right side of the video is our Panel screen. Due to the lens, the picture analysis is not very clear, but the key points of the picture can still be seen.

1. Start watching from 0:00, when it is turned on. Pixel_clock is in normal output state.
2. At 0:08, press Reset, Pixel_clock can be clearly seen to change to L, and then release Reset.
3. At 0:10, you can see that the Pixel_clock starts to vibrate again, and the customer's logo appears on the screen on the Panel. At this time, it is the U-boot screen, which is changed by NXP's logo to the customer's logo.
4. At 0:49, press Reset, Pixel_clock can be clearly seen to change to L, and then release Reset.
5. At 0:51, it can be seen that the Pixel_clock is kept at H, there is no picture on the Panel, only the backlight is on → the picture of U-boot does not appear.

Attachment "Debug message" is the debug message about last 2 times situation of 6ULL turn on.

The last boot is 6ULL no output RGB888 signal.

The following picture is our timing of lcd panel which is setted according to panel spec.

Panel timing.PNG

In the normal status, the 6ULL can normally output RGB888 signal. The pixel clock signal is as following.

Pixelclock of 6ULL.png

We think the issue on the imx6ull evk board is different from the issue of 6ULL randomly no output RGB888 signal. So we focus on solving issue of 6ULL randomly no output RGB888 signal now.

Thanks!

Kevin

0 Kudos

kevin_chuang
Contributor I

Hi Joan,

Thanks!

Kevin

0 Kudos

kevin_chuang
Contributor I

Hi Joan,

Thanks!

Kevin

0 Kudos

kevin_chuang
Contributor I

Hi Joan,

Thanks!

Kevin

0 Kudos

kevin_chuang
Contributor I

Can anyone help me?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

pls contact professional service for this issue, since nxp imx6ull couldn't reproduce this issue

"https://www.nxp.com/support/support/nxp-engineering-services/professional-support-for-processors-and..."

0 Kudos