Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

download and install image directly to imx6 nand

jupiter_hce
Contributor III

Hi,

There are two possible ways to download and install image to imx6 nand:

(1) Download uboot and kernel to RAM, burn the NAND from RAM.

(2) Directly download uboot, kernel and rootfs to NAND without intermediate step RAM.

Has anyone done to download and install uboot, Linux kernel and rootfs directly to imx6 nand using imx6 uuu via the Freescale USB HID class? Could you point me the documents and contact me on jupiter.hce@gmail.com I'll pay your advice service.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

- jupiter

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you can download the imx6q demo image, then you will find the file named "example_kernel_nand.uuu " in the folder "samples", then change the uuu file as you need, use the command "uuu.exe example_kernel_nand.uuu" to build the image to the nand by UUU

0 Kudos

thinhhv
Contributor I
Hi, Joan
I'm using iMX8MP EVK.
i use the command "uuu.exe example_kernel_emmc.uuu" -> Error: can't find ext name in path: >_flash.bin
Can you help me fix issue?
Thank you!
0 Kudos

jupiter_hce
Contributor III

Thanks Joan, could you point me the link to download the image? I actually have already built the nand kernel and rootfs, but I need to built the zImage-initramfs first to run the u-boot and kernel in imx6 RAM, then to install my nand kernel and rootfs to the imx6 nand, any example  how to build the imx6 zImage-initramfs?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

- jupiter

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

one can download the demo image from the link as below:

Embedded Linux for i.MX Applications Processors | NXP 

0 Kudos