Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4Gx8bits hynix nand support

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, 

I will use the 4Gx8bits hynix nand on my own board.

I have to upgrade this nand flash on imx50_RD3 evk. I tried to upgrade the hynix nand with mfg tool, and it succeded from the log, but I found that the written data to nand is different from original data when readback. there are 13 bytes unexpected after every 512 bytes from readback data.

I can write the nand flash correctly when I used the nand write cmd to write the nand in uboot.

is this relatd to mtd-utils (nandwrite, the version not support 4Gx8bits nand?) ? 

do they need to modify the nand_device_info.c ?

please help,thanks a lot

h27ubg8t2atr.pdf

0 Kudos
4 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Sorry for the confusion in the question. After checked with customer, they can write the nand flash correctly that was a 4k pagesize x 128 per block. And it can only 2Gx8bits space can be accessed in the uboot. If they change to a 8k page NAND, the uboot cannot recognize it even added the entry in the nand_device_info.c. Is there anything missed to add in the BSP or uboot for the 8k page support? Please help. Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos

StanleyLee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes.

Regarding the 8K page NAND support, You mentioned "I can write the nand flash correctly when I used the nand write cmd to write the nand in uboot." That clearly indicates BSP can support that.

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks Stanley.

You mentioned "the document" you attached in the forum. Is it "Document.zip" ?

The nand flash is :

- Page size : 8,640 Bytes(8192+448 bytes)
- Block size : 256 pages(2M+112K bytes)
- Plane size : 1,024 blocks

It is a 8k page NAND. Can the BSP support this nand?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

StanleyLee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, they have to change the nand_device_info.c and generate a new uboot and uImage to replace the original one in Mfgtool.

And the most important is to read the document I attached in the forum. I found most of the users never take a look into that and that is the root cause of many issues.

0 Kudos