i.MX Yocto Project: How do I add an existing package to an image?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There are two ways:

1. BitBake. Append the package into the IMAGE_INSTALL variable. But

• In case you want the package in every image,  add a line to your conf/local.conf file

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " package"

Make sure to include the space BEFORE the package name. You can add other packages, just place spaces in-between.

• In case you want the package in a particular image, e.g. fsl-image-gui,, add it on meta-fsl-demos/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-gui.bb

IMAGE_INSTALL += " \

${SOC_IMAGE_INSTALL} \

cpufrequtils \

nano \

packagegroup-fsl-gstreamer \

packagegroup-fsl-tools-testapps \

packagegroup-fsl-tools-benchmark \

packagegroup-qt-in-use-demos \

qt4-plugin-phonon-backend-gstreamer \

qt4-demos \

qt4-examples \

fsl-gui-extrafiles \

package \

"

2. Hob. Due to its graphical nature, adding more packages to a base image is easier than the bitbake way. Run the hob app under the build folder, select your machine and image, then edit the later (click on the Edit image button)

In case the package is not available, you need to create it. As a starting point take a look at this example. In case you consider is good enough to be present on the mainstream repos, send the patch to the meta-freescale mailing list.

Labels (1)
Comments

Dear Leo:

Follow you guild in this post. I try to add the pkg "gst-plugins-bad" into rootfs, but I fail again and again.

my add-step:

firstly, i have builded the "fsl-image-test" without any modification.

2nd, bitbake -s |grep gst-plugins-bad ====> it show the "gst-plugins-bad" string.

3rd, so, I vim build/conf/local.conf  add something as bellow:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = "gst-plugins-bad"

CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "gst-plugins-bad"

OR, vim on meta-fsl-demos/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-test.bb

IMAGE_INSTALL += " \

packagegroup-fsl-gstreamer \

packagegroup-fsl-tools-testapps \

packagegroup-fsl-tools-benchmark \

gst-plugins-bad \

"

at last: rebuild it with the command "bitbake fsl-image-test"

there are no error log, but there is no changes about the rootfs folder located at build/tmp/work/imx6qsabresd-poky-linux-gnueabi/fsl-image-test/1.0-r0

that is: in the rootfs/usr/lib/gstreamer.0.10/  , I didnot see any "gst-plugins-bad" libs which should be created.

would you pls give some advices or correct me?

thank you kindly.

BM

cd build/tmp/deploy/rpm

ls

all  armv7a_vfp_neon  imx6qsabresd

I can find: some "gst-plugins-bad" libs list in the folder of armv7a_vfp_neon. but not in the folder of imx6qsabresd

You need to specify the specific element. For example, in this document several ugly and bad elements are been added to the final image

Leo

thanks leo.

yep, this doc from DaianeAngolini tell how to add ugly/bad plugins into image. but we have to list and specif all the plugins if we want to install all of them???

bateman cai wrote:

thanks leo.

yep, this doc from Daiane Angolini tell how to add ugly/bad plugins into image. but we have to list and specif all the plugins if we want to install all of them???

yes :smileycry:

I don´t know a way to install *ALL* gstreamer plugins. If you figure it out, please let the world know. everyone wants that :smileysad:

Hello Daiane,

If you want to install for example all gst plugins good this is what  you have to add:

gst-plugins-good-meta \

for more info:

~/tmp/work/armv7a-vfn-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/gst-plugins-good/0.10.31-r8/gst-plugins-good.spec.

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎06-12-2013 02:26 PM
Updated by: