Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code migration from MKW41 to MKW36 issue

Jump to solution
rahul_singh
Contributor II

Hi everyone,

Hope you all are doing good in these tough times.

I have a project working on MKW41z512 but due to the semiconductor shortage, I decided to move the project to the MKW36z512.

I have replaced the needed system and hardware files in the MKW41Z512 project from MKW36z512 sdk.

The project builds successfully but I ran into a strange problem. I flashed the mkw36 using jlink debugger but after flashing the code doesn't stop at "main.c" and I can't control the code. I suspect the problem is caused by the different memory maps of controllers but I'm unable to reach a satisfactory solution.

I have attached my project as it is in this post(I am using KDS 3.2.0). It would be a great help if you guys can try the project and guide me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You are right. The memory map and download algorithm aren't changed. Please check the directory 'DB_rev_02 kw36\hw_rev_01\devices\MKW41Z4/'. 

IN 'arm', the download algorithm is still the kw41.

IN 'gcc', the link file is still the kw41.

We do not support the kinetis design studio now. If possible, try to use our new IDE mcuxpresso to port your project. This will make me help you more easier to solve the problem. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You are right. The memory map and download algorithm aren't changed. Please check the directory 'DB_rev_02 kw36\hw_rev_01\devices\MKW41Z4/'. 

IN 'arm', the download algorithm is still the kw41.

IN 'gcc', the link file is still the kw41.

We do not support the kinetis design studio now. If possible, try to use our new IDE mcuxpresso to port your project. This will make me help you more easier to solve the problem. 

0 Kudos