Can IW612 run Wifi + Bluetooth + IEEE802.15.4 protocols simultaneously?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can IW612 run Wifi + Bluetooth + IEEE802.15.4 protocols simultaneously?

YukioOyama
Contributor III

Hello,

Can IW612 run Wifi + Bluetooth + IEEE802.15.4 protocols simultaneously? (maybe it is actually time sliced)

I remember seeing on a news site that you announced you could run all three protocols simultaneously, but could not find it on your web.

Or is it limited to two protocols like Wifi+Bluetooth or Wifi+IEEE802.15.4 that can run at the same time?

If you can run 3 protocols at the same time, is it possible to combine Wif+Zigbee+THREAD(Matter)?

As far as I know, no device can run Zigbee+THREAD(Matter) at the same time, even if there is no Wifi function, so it will surprise me if it is possible to run them simultaneously.

Best Regards,

Yukio Oyama

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The management of the protocols will depend on the chip , the software that will go along with the chip, and also the host that will be used.

In this case the for the IW612  the chip supports the 3 protocols , but it will depend on how it is being used if the communication can be simultaneous between some protocols or not .

As this is a public space and the device has not been released yet , we can't disclose a lot of information about it here, you can try requesting a higher access in the documentation of the IW612 along with an NDA or you can contact a distributor to try to help you getting more details on the part.

I apologize for the inconvenience this might cause you.

Regards

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You can check the web page for the device in this link.

For the matter information support you can check it in this link, as you can see the device is listed for the Matter support.

As this product has not been released yet I can't provide a lot of details , currently the devices with ZigBee support are only the ones shown in this page.

For the coexistence between the protocols , as it is a 1x1 device, it will depend if you will be working on WiFi in the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz , still as the device has not been released yet , there is not a lot of information available to share.

Could you please help us contact your sales representative or distributor for more details about this part?

Regards,

0 Kudos

YukioOyama
Contributor III

Hi,

I have already looked at the page you referred me to, but forgive me if I missed something.

For a dual antenna solution, Bluetooth and 802.15.4 use different antennas than wi-fi, Bluetooth and 802.15.4 use the same antenna.

When in a dual antenna solution, can Bluetooth and 802.15.4 dynamically work simultaneously ? Or is what you mean by tri-radio solution, where the chipset only supports 3 protocols, but it is Wi-fi +Bluetooth or Wi-fi +802.15.4 that can work simultaneously?

Best Regards,

Yukio Oyama

0 Kudos