Wireless Connectivity Knowledge Base

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Connectivity Knowledge Base

Discussions

Sort by:
      The article will describe how to configure Access Point Based On NXP platform and WIFI chipset step by step. Users can easily make her AP based on NXP WIFI module work normally by following steps in the article. 1. Environment for the validation - Hardware Platform     i.MX8MN-EVK - Software    Kernel version: L5.4.70_2.3.0    rootfs : imx-image-multimedia -WiFi module   AW-CM358SM: NXP 88W8987 chipset 2. Diagram for Connections   For More detailed information, See attached document, please!   NXP CAS-TIC Wireless MCU team Weidong sun 04-16-2021  
View full article
CMSIS, the ARM Cortex Microcontroller Software Interface Standard, can be used to distribute software components in standard package format. CMSIS compliant software components allow: • Easy reuse of example applications or template code • Combination of SW components from multiple vendors CMSIS packages available here: https://www.keil.arm.com/packs/ NXP WiFi package available here: https://www.keil.arm.com/packs/wifi-nxp/versions/   Getting NXP WiFi/BT software   Please find the minimal setup required to download the NXP WiFi/BT software CMSIS packs: First, get cpackget binary from the Open CMSIS Pack toolbox binaries Then, install the NXP WiFi and Bluetooth packages and their dependencies using below commands cpackget add NXP::WIFI@2.0.0 cpackget add NXP::WIRELESS_WPA_SUPPLICANT@2.0.0 cpackget add NXP::EDGEFAST_BT_BLE@2.0.0   Please note that the CMSIS software packs are installed in below directory: ~/.cache/arm/packs/NXP/   Building NXP WiFi/Bluetooth software   Using combined WiFi+Bluetooth application on i.MXRT1060-revC board, as an example.   Prerequisite Follow below steps to install all the required tools to get CMSIS packages and build them . <(curl https://aka.ms/vcpkg-init.sh -L) . ~/.vcpkg/vcpkg-init vcpkg new --application vcpkg add artifact arm:cmsis-toolbox vcpkg add artifact microsoft:cmake vcpkg add artifact microsoft:ninja vcpkg add artifact arm:arm-none-eabi-gcc vcpkg activate Refer to CMSIS toolbox installation documentation    Activate required tools . ~/.vcpkg/vcpkg-init vcpkg activate Install the NXP i.MXRT1060-REVC Bluetooth examples and their dependencies cpackget add NXP::MIMXRT1060-EVKC_EDGEFAST_BLUETOOTH_Examples@1.0.0 Workaround: current NXP SW is aligned with ARM::CMSIS@5.8.0, and does not support latest ARM::CMSIS@6.0.0, so we need to use older version with below commands cpackget rm ARM::CMSIS@6.0.0 cpackget add ARM::CMSIS@5.8.0 List the installed packages cpackget list Building combined WiFi+BT example application Copy example application to local directory and provide write permissions mkdir -p ~/test cp -r ~/.cache/arm/packs/NXP/MIMXRT1060-EVKC_EDGEFAST_BLUETOOTH_Examples/1.0.0/boards/evkcmimxrt1060/edgefast_bluetooth_examples/wifi_cli_over_ble_wu/ ~/test/ cd ~/test/wifi_cli_over_ble_wu/ && chmod -R u+w .   Build the application csolution convert wifi_cli_over_ble_wu.csolution.yml cbuild wifi_cli_over_ble_wu.flexspi_nor_debug+armgcc.cprj Convert elf to bin for flashing cd armgcc/flexspi_nor_debug arm-none-eabi-objcopy wifi_cli_over_ble_wu.elf -O binary wifi_cli_over_ble_wu.bin
View full article
       The article will describe how to configure A2DP audio application Based On NXP platform and WIFI/BT chipset step by step. Users can easily make her A2DP audio based on NXP WIFI module work normally by following steps in the article. Environment for the validation Hardware Platform        i.MX8MN-EVK Software Kernel version: L5.4.70_2.3.0 rootfs : imx-image-multimedia WiFi module        AW-CM358SM: NXP 88W8987 chipset   For more detailed information, see attachment, please!   NXP CAS-TIC wireless MCU team Weidong Sun    
View full article
This article describes how to use the tcpdump tool to capture wireless network data packets. The test block diagram is as follows: For more detailed information, See attachment,please!   NXP CAS-TIC Wireless MCU team Weidong Sun
View full article
Based on i.MX8MN-EVK And Linux 5.4.70_2.3.0 BSP As an example of NXP Bluetooth Bluetooth application, this article describes how to use Bluetooth to realize file transfer between windows PC and i.MX8MN-EVK (linux), and between Android mobile phone and i.MX8MN-EVK. The test architecture used in this example is as follows: The following steps are for the application example: Step 1 Preparation  --Downloading DEMO Image For i.MX8MN-EVK  --Downloading uuu tool  --Compiling L5.4.70_2.3.0 BSP for i.MX8MN-EVK  --Copying rootfs to the DEMO Image directory  --Modifying example_kernel_emmc.uuu as uuu programming script  --Programming images to i.MX8MN-EVK board  Booting i.MX8MN-EVK board Step 2 Loading WIFI/BT driver and Enable Bluetooth Step 3 File Transter between Windows 10 PC and i.MX8MN-EVK board Step 4 File Transter between Android Mobile and i.MX8MN-EVK board [Summary] More detailed information, see attachment, please!
View full article