Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal 3P0-LDO for USB

Jump to solution
slw
Contributor III

Hi,

We have a custom board (SVF512R3K1) where only USB0 is connected and USB1 is not used.

After enabling the internal 3P0-LDO the software hangs, cause there is a loop which waits until the flag OK_VDD3P0 in reg ANADIG_REG_3P0 is set, which never happens.

I have done some tests with different settings (ENABLE_ILIMIT, ENABLE_BO, REG_3P0_VBUS_SEL, ..) in this register without success.

I have done some tests using the TWR-Board and I only get a working 3P0-LDO when USB1_VBUS is connected to 5V and either USB0_VBUS_DETECT or USB1_VBUS_DETECT

is also connected to 5V. It seems that the 3P0-LDO can only be supplied by USB1_VBUS and not by USB0_VBUS.

Can anybody confirm this ?

Regards

Sebastian

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
richard_stulens
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sebastian,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

There are a few threads about this. Please take a look at this thread:

Vybrid USBx_VBUS, USBx_VBUS_DETECT, USBx_VBUS_EN and USBx_VBUS_OC pins

In short, you can use any USBx_VBUS pin to supply the LDO and at least one of the VBUS_DETECT pins must see 5V.

ENABLE_LINREG must be set for OK_VDD3P0 to turn on

Best regards,

Richard

slw
Contributor III

Hi Richard,

Thanks for answering.

On the TWR-Board it seems that the LDO only works if USB1_VBUS is connected to 5V (using Jumper J21 1-2).

When only USB0_VBUS is connected to 5V (J21 no jumper ; J20 1-2 set), the LDO doesn't work, and I get the BO-flag,

regardless the setting for REG_3P0_VBUS_SEL.

Regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos
jiri-b36968
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sebastian,

As Richard say: at least one VBUS_DETECT have to be powered (5V).

And VBUS have to be powered. Tested on TWR-VF65 rev.H:

• When J21 is open (USB1_VBUS is not powered) and also J20 is open (USB0_VBUS is not powered) then USB0 does not work.
  • But when just J20 is inserted, J21 is open, then everything works fine - USB0_VBUS_DETECT is powered from USB0_VBUS which goes directly from J8. Please check J19 - it have to be inserted between 2-3 if you power from J8.

/Jiri

0 Kudos