T1024 QUICC Engine

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T1024 QUICC Engine

raymondhaas
Contributor I

I am considering using the UART of UCC1 in the QUICC engine instead of the DUART controllers on the T1024.  I need a UART that can automatically populate RX buffers with no processor (PowerPC core) intervention.  This is a requirement of our end user. 

My first question is where do I get a copy of the QUICC microcode?  I have the Freescale SDK for the T1024RDB dev board. I do not see the QUICC microcode.  However I do see the FMAN microcode.

My last question is whether the QUICC engine is recommended to be used.  I tried to look for u-boot support and noticed there is little support. I also spoke to a representative of a real-time OS and was told that they don't recommend using the QUICC engine.  At that time, I didn't ask why (I should of).

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Use SDK 1.9 for the T1024RDB board. This SDK supports UCC UART driver.

1. Press "Download" on the following page:

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/run-time-software/linux-software-and-development-too...

1. Sign In

1. Find previous revisions of the SDK.

Note: Documentation for current version of the SDK is available in source .iso file.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos