cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T1024 MDIO interface

mohsenhaghighat
Contributor III

Hi,

I have a board with T1024 processor and I want to connect it with a peripheral by MDIO interface. I have booted the linux on the T1024. Now, I want to run a C code on the T1024, in which the peripheral can be configured by the MDIO interface. In other words, I should have a C code, which config the peripheral by MDIO interface.

Is there any C code example that can help me? Is there any library for MDIO interface specifically for T1024 processor? How I can write a C code to config the peripheral by MDIO interface?

thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

m_labbaf
Contributor I

I generate the files, too. Should I install the ethtool on the T1024 board? because, I find install bash script in its package!

0 Kudos

mohsenhaghighat
Contributor III

I generate the ethtool source code with command bitbake ethtool -c patch -f and find them in build_<platform>/tmp/work/<core>-fsl-linux/ethtool/4.0-r0/ethtool-4.0/.

Also, I get kernel source code with command bitbake virtual/kernel -c patch -f in inbuild_<platform>/tmp/work/<platform>-fsl-linux/linux-qoriq/<version>/git/,

In this directory, source files drivers/net/ethernet/intel/e1000/e1000_ethtool.c, drivers/net/mii.c and drivers/net/mdio.c are related.

However I don't know, how to use this source files to read and write by MDIO interface?

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

> Is there any C code example that can help me?

It is possible to refer to the U-Boot "mii" commans subsystem.

=> help mii mii - MII utility commands  Usage: mii device – list available devices mii device <devname> – set current device mii info <addr> – display MII PHY info mii read <addr> <reg> – read MII PHY <addr> register <reg> mii write <addr> <reg> <data> – write MII PHY <addr> register <reg> mii dump <addr> <reg> – pretty-print <addr> <reg> (0-5 only)Addr and/or reg may be ranges, e.g. 2-7.

The U-Boot source code is provided in the Linux SDK available at:

Linux® SDK for QorIQ Processors|NXP 

> Is there any library for MDIO interface specifically for T1024 processor? 

No.

0 Kudos

m_labbaf
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply,

by using help mii command in U-boot, I will get some options in terminal.

This options includes the following:

mdio list

mdio info

mdio read

mdio write 

and ... .

This is good, but I want to read or write in MDIO interface by my C code. how I can do it? Which libraries should add to my C project to communicate with MDIO interface?

0 Kudos

m_labbaf
Contributor I

Is there any method to extract MDIO package from the Yocto project? In other words, can I extract MDIO C source code  from Yocto project to include in my C project?

0 Kudos

pavla_hajna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Mohamad.Labbaf@Gmail.Com is also interested in this topic. Please take the higher priority to respond. Thank you

0 Kudos