cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared memory section T2080

stevenstarnes
Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to create a region of shared memory in my linker config files so that the cores in the T2080 can share variables with one another. I was wondering how this would be accomplished? I have found an example for a different architecture but it doesn't apply to this architecture I am using. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at the Table 6 and Section 2.3.1 of Targeting_PA_Processors.pdf file.

SMP - Select this option to generate a single project for the selected cores. The cores share the same interrupt vector, text, data sections and heap memory. Each core has its own, dedicated stack. A single initialization file should be executed for each core.

The SMP option is available for selection only while creating projects for some e500mc, e5500 and e6500 core targets.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos