Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

an efficient way to count tire turns with FXTH87

Jump to solution
kunzler_luis
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm developing a TPMS application and I need to count the tire turns (around the axis).

My client want to know the distance traveled by the tire.

I'm trying to read the value of the Z-axis in main loop with the macro TPMS_COMP_ACCEL_Z(), but I'm not sure about the value and I think the battery cannot handle with this approach.

I'm using the start project example of the TPMS with CW11.4.

Thanks in advance 

1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Luis,

At the moment we do not have a power-efficient method to continuously count the tire turns. We have developed projects allowing to monitor the acceleration sinewave in order to measure the rotation period. However, the monitoring of the sinewave is power consuming so it is not intended to be done continuously while the vehicle is moving, otherwise the battery would discharge very fast. For information, this project is “FXTH87E RX TX x/rev” that can be downloaded from here.

We are aware of the demand for such features so we plan to work on this in the future, but we do not have a ready solution for now.

Best regards,

Tomas

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Luis,

At the moment we do not have a power-efficient method to continuously count the tire turns. We have developed projects allowing to monitor the acceleration sinewave in order to measure the rotation period. However, the monitoring of the sinewave is power consuming so it is not intended to be done continuously while the vehicle is moving, otherwise the battery would discharge very fast. For information, this project is “FXTH87E RX TX x/rev” that can be downloaded from here.

We are aware of the demand for such features so we plan to work on this in the future, but we do not have a ready solution for now.

Best regards,

Tomas

kunzler_luis
Contributor II

Hi Tomas, thank you!

So, I see that this project is only available to FXTH87E and I am using the FXTH8715. Is there a way to convert this project or should I change the component if I want to use this project example?

Best regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Luis,

There is a FXTH87 version of this project, compatible with the FXTH871511 device. The FXTH87 project will be available for download on the same webpage as the 87E project in a few days.

Best regards,

Tomas