cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS PEmicro Connection Assistant

Djuric
Contributor I

Hello,

Until recently I was able to debug code normally on my development board S32K3X4EVB-T172

with S32DS. All of a sudden, when I start the debugging process, I get this message PEmicro Connection Assistant, An error occured while connectiong to the interface

I updated the extension to the latest version but it doesn't help.

dubug.png

dbg.png

This message also started appearing:

2024-07-02_12h56_01.png

Literally everything was working normally until a few days ago....

Please help.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Djuric
Contributor I

Hello @Julián_AragónM ,

Thanks for your reply.
These three LEDs are on, you can see in the picture.

20240702_182802.jpg

I tried on another computer with no success.

I have Windows 11.

None of Xilinx aplications/drivers have been installed.

Is there any free SW tool I could use to erase the entire contents of the controller memory (except the S32DS)?

0 Kudos

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Djuric,

I can see that LED D15 RST_OSDA is on. Also, neither D4 nor D5 are turned on.

Julin_AragnM_0-1719954007231.png

Please check if the either power supply is connected properly, or if the voltage level is lower that the specified [+12.0V to ≥2Amps].

NXP Does not provide SW tools for erasing the memory apart from S32DS, but you can look into third party, such as PROG Flash Programming Software or J-Link Flash.

Best regards,
Julián 

0 Kudos

Djuric
Contributor I
The power supply that powers the board is fine. Paid tools such as PROG Flash Programming Software or J-Link Flash. are not an option for me right now.
0 Kudos

Djuric
Contributor I
@Julián_AragónM I suspect the FS26 chip (in S32K3X4EVB-T172) is causing the problem. Do you have any way to restore it to default setting. Somehow to reset it, to enable normal functioning?
0 Kudos

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Djuric,

Below is a process for SPI commands to let FS26 enter normal mode. For your reference. 

Julin_AragnM_0-1720036168637.png

0 Kudos

Djuric
Contributor I

@Julián_AragónM  and how exactly do you suggest I do this, given the fact that I can't connect to the microcontroller (EV board)?

0 Kudos

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Djuric

Sorry for the delay, does this issue also happens when a blank project is debugged? Do you have any debugging tool (PE Micro or J-link) to test the connection?

Please make sure the debug configurations are correct:

Julin_AragnM_0-1720639027504.png

Also, if you do not have HSE enabled, make sure the flash algorithm selection in Advanced Options is set correctly.

Julin_AragnM_1-1720639181955.png

Best regards,
Julián

0 Kudos

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Djuric,

Is the reset LED turned on? Could you possibly try to use the probe on different computer?

Have you installed in the meantime some other software on your computer (e.g. Xilinx)?

P&E Drivers for Windows utilize the 3rd party service Jungo WinDriver to enable USB support under windows 10. Xilinx also uses WinDriver for their driver packages, but older versions. Starting with the P&E Driver package 11.7, a conflict between P&E Drivers and software IDES that rely on older Jungo driver packages might occur.

Best regards,
Julián