cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTD MCAL S32K3X4 using design studio V3.4

Saitej
Contributor IV

Hello @NXP

Here am using DS3.4 version and MCAL drivers taking DIO example project as reference, in which we would like to customize the generated code paths, is it possible ? if yes, can you please guide me on how to do it please.

Saitej_0-1645534427066.png

Thanks in advance !

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Jeremy_He
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

For EB tresos, you can specify the code generation path when you create a new project.

Jeremy_He_0-1645578861225.png

You can also change the path after the project is created already by choosing Properties -> Code Generator  -> Browse

Untitled.png

 In S32DS, include the header folder so the S32DS is able to find the headers

Jeremy_He_2-1645579414732.png

Best wishes,

Jeremy

0 Kudos

Saitej
Contributor IV

Hello @Jeremy_He 

After generating the code , I don't see any RTD drivers generated for the particular modules from the EBTresos tool. 

- Do we need to add them manually ?

- Also if multiple people are working is there a way to import particular module configuration.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos

Jeremy_He
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Did you install the RTD Mcal driver properly? A .link file will be generated into the EB installing folder so the RTD driver code can be generated from EB tresos tool. Could you check on this?

Jeremy_He_0-1646709451832.png

For different modules in EB tresos, you can new a module (let's say SPI )in the current project, thus a new Spi.xdm file will be generated. Then copy the configured Spi.xdm file to replace the new Spi.xdm file. Refresh the EB tresos, you should be able to see the configurated spi module in the menu.

Best wishes,

Jeremy

0 Kudos

Saitej
Contributor IV

Hello @Jeremy_He 

Thanks for the reply !

Yes, i have installed RTD MCAL drivers properly, as mentioned above i see .link file also 

Saitej_0-1646716325290.png

as you see in above screen shot , after generating code we see only configuration files in output folder am not RTD MCAL drivers for the configured modules.

0 Kudos

Jeremy_He
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Saitej,

For the RTD MCal Driver code yes you need to add manually, please see the attached document for the details.

Best wishes,

Jeremy 

0 Kudos

Saitej
Contributor IV

Hello @Jeremy_He 

Thanks for the quick replies !

Needed extended help in understanding the port configurations, for the some of the port pin's we don't see any information of MSCR number and port pin id.

Saitej_1-1646741239561.png

- For example if we wanna configure ADC pins, how do we approach ?.

- Correct me if am wrong in general case first we need to configure in port pins in port module and then we need to particular pin configured module. For example for configuring the DIO first we need to configure PTB18 in port pin and then configure the same in DIO.

Saitej_0-1646741220438.png

Thanks for your help in advance !

0 Kudos

Jeremy_He
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Saitej,

The MSCR number is in the excel and can be calculated,too. For example for PTB18, it's 50. Which is equal to 32*1+18. The MSCR = 32*k +b for PTkb.  k=(0-A;1-B;2-C;3-D;4-E...) ;

Jeremy_He_0-1646742516632.png

The PortPin ID is generated by EB automatically and is not necessary to be combined with the pin you use. For more details explanation, you can check the RTD_PORT_UM.pdf in C:\NXP\SW32K3_RTD_4.4_1.0.0\eclipse\plugins\Port_TS_T40D34M10I0R0\doc. Also for other modules such as RTD_ADC_UM.pdf in C:\NXP\SW32K3_RTD_4.4_1.0.0\eclipse\plugins\Port_TS_T40D34M10I0R0\doc

Best wishes,

Jeremy

0 Kudos