cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting interrupt priority using S32K1 RTD

Jump to solution
hns80
Contributor V

While investigating an interrupt priority issue on the S32K1, I discovered none of the RTD examples ever set the interrupt priority.

Shouldn't the interrupt priority be set with the following?

IntCtrl_Ip_Init(&IntCtrlConfig_0);

Also, the S32K1 examples all set the handler by calling IntCtrl_Ip_InstallHandler() directly instead of using the peripheral configuration tool along with 

IntCtrl_Ip_ConfigIrqRouting(&intRouteConfig);

Since the example code is supposed to show users how to use the RTDs, shouldn't they be using these two functions?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi hns80,

The reason for not setting the priority in the RTD example may be the same as the SDK: The interrupt priority scheme is entirely determined by the specific application logic and its setting is handled by the user application. The user application manages the interrupt priorities.

Interrupt Manager SDK.png

Yes. I agree with you. I have mentioned these two APIs in: GPIO interrupt example project using S32K1xx RTD without AUTOSAR SIUL2 external interrupt example project using S32K3 RTD without AUTOSAR

In AN13767, S32CT(peripheral configuration tool) and IntCtrl_Ip_Init, IntCtrl_Ip_ConfigIrqRouting are used to configure multiple interrupts too.

AN13767 IntCtrl_Ip_Init IntCtrl_Ip_ConfigIrqRouting.png

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi hns80,

The reason for not setting the priority in the RTD example may be the same as the SDK: The interrupt priority scheme is entirely determined by the specific application logic and its setting is handled by the user application. The user application manages the interrupt priorities.

Interrupt Manager SDK.png

Yes. I agree with you. I have mentioned these two APIs in: GPIO interrupt example project using S32K1xx RTD without AUTOSAR SIUL2 external interrupt example project using S32K3 RTD without AUTOSAR

In AN13767, S32CT(peripheral configuration tool) and IntCtrl_Ip_Init, IntCtrl_Ip_ConfigIrqRouting are used to configure multiple interrupts too.

AN13767 IntCtrl_Ip_Init IntCtrl_Ip_ConfigIrqRouting.png

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos