Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32 DS for Power v1.1 disassembly

Jump to solution
hrvojeerjavec
Contributor III

Hello,

I am using MPC5744P for development, and I would like to use the disassembly while debugging.

Problem is that I am having unknown instructions in the disassembly: pastedImage_1.png

It seems it is expecting power instructions, while the actual ones are powerPC. I use powerpc-eabivle-objdump.exe from console to disassemble the code manually, and it works great, but I would like to have it integrated in the S32.

Going through settings I tried to set the path to the right objdump executable, but according to settings it seems the right executable is already used. Eclipse variables might be different than expected and I don't know if I can check how they look like.

According to the project settings in these pictures: 

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_8.png

This configuration should call powerpc-eabivle-objdump which is unique executable in the whole freescale folder, and I checked that the folder containing the executable is included in the environment PATH variable:

pastedImage_9.png

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You probably refer to the Disassembly View visible during a debug session.

Could you check if your debug configuration includes "set architecture powerpc:vle" in GDB run commands box?

This should switch the debugger into VLE mode.

pastedImage_1.png

Stan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You probably refer to the Disassembly View visible during a debug session.

Could you check if your debug configuration includes "set architecture powerpc:vle" in GDB run commands box?

This should switch the debugger into VLE mode.

pastedImage_1.png

Stan

hrvojeerjavec
Contributor III

Yes, I referred to the Disassembly View.

Adding the option did the trick,

Thank you

0 Kudos