cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash linker file generated for MCP5748G is incorrect

Jump to solution
MattJCole
Contributor V

When I create a new project for the MPC5748G and select the S32_SDK_S32PA_RTM_3.0.3 or the S32_SDK_S32PA_RTM_3.0.0 as the SDK the Flash linker file does not match what I configured the file to be. No matter what I do the following is generated

/* Define FLASH */

FLASH_BASE_ADDR = DEFINED(__flash_base_addr__) ? __flash_base_addr__ : 0x012C0000;

FLASH_SIZE =  DEFINED(__flash_size__) ? __flash_size__ : 1856K;

/* Define SRAM */

SRAM_BASE_ADDR = DEFINED(__sram_base_addr__) ? __sram_base_addr__ : 0x40000000;

SRAM_SIZE = DEFINED(__sram_size__) ? __sram_size__ : 256K;

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Matt, 

Looks that your linker file script template was modified - on my side is used Large block NVM (0x01000000). You can try to reinstall S32DS. With SDK are files used as linked resource - once you modify it - it is modified for all examples/projects which uses SDK. If you like to use your own linker script file, make a copy and add it into your project. 

Jiri

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If the issue is related to SDK projects only, you can reinstall only the SDK, you don't need perform full S32DS reinstall. 

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Matt, 

Looks that your linker file script template was modified - on my side is used Large block NVM (0x01000000). You can try to reinstall S32DS. With SDK are files used as linked resource - once you modify it - it is modified for all examples/projects which uses SDK. If you like to use your own linker script file, make a copy and add it into your project. 

Jiri

0 Kudos