cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using caam aes-gcm with a black key

andreyrafalsky
Contributor III

Hi,

I try to use aes-gcm from caam to disk partition encryption on my ls1046ardb. It works good if I use a plain text key. If I try to use a black key, I will get this error:  caam_jr 1720000.jr: 40000206: DECO: desc idx 2: Invalid KEY Command.

It depends on ENC flag state in the KEY command field. If this flag is set, I will get an error. But I need to set ENC for black key decryption.

I use a black key with aes-cbc and aes-xts without any problems.

Advise me, please, how can I use black key for encryption/decryption operations with aes-gcm?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Andrey.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Andrey Rafalsky,

Almost all of the encryption algos, and the authentication/integrity algos is supported for hw-acceleration
Please use the latest Linux Kernel from LSDK 1809, it should also be supported in software (in case the hw-acceleration is not supported for any of these algorithms)

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos