Reg:Using in-built mdc/mdio in ls1021atwr board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg:Using in-built mdc/mdio in ls1021atwr board

sivakumarkrishn
Contributor I

In the existing ls1021atwr board , we were adding a marvel switch 88E6161 with the phy addr 0x4 in the MDC/MDIO 

path. But it is not reading it..

we are using the default mdio command in the u-boot , which is used to read the existing marvell phys 88e1111.

when we probe through CRO , while reading the switch , Turn around (TA) sequence is not appearing in . whereas as 

per the switch timing diagram(SMI) it is must. 

Is there any way to create TA in the in-built mdc/mdio? . 

will the Switch 88E6161 work with in-built mdc/mdio ..? or should we do gpio based mdc/mdio?

How to go ahead with this?

-Siva Kumar K

0 Kudos
9 Replies

sivakumarkrishn
Contributor I

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_2.png

Refer timing diagram and SMI section details.. pull up resistor also mounted.. 

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please provide all necessary additional information (including traces and documentation) to make complete technical description of the issue - what are you actually observing?

0 Kudos

sivakumarkrishn
Contributor I

Sorry I didn’t get you.. what do you mean by traces..? CRO trace?

With regard to documentation I sent you the Timing details of the SWITCH WHICH WE USE..

W.r.t to the connectivity I explained you that MDC/MDIO OF ls102a is connected to the MDC/MDIO of switch (phy addr of this is 0x4).

If You need the complete datasheet of switch we use or anything else let me know ..

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Still not clear what is the issue.

Do you have digital scope or bus analyzer traces illustrating it?

0 Kudos

sivakumarkrishn
Contributor I

Do you need digital scope traces ?..

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I need detailed technical description of the problem.

0 Kudos

sivakumarkrishn
Contributor I

The problem is the way how we should connect the L2 (Marvell 88E6161)switch to processor interface.

If you can arrange a concall it will be easy to discuss..

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The LS1021A has its MDIO implemented in accordance with the Clause 22 of the IEEE Std 802.3 where TA is described.

It is still not clear which issue you observe.

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

> when we probe through CRO , while reading the switch , Turn around (TA) sequence

> is not appearing in . whereas as per the switch timing diagram(SMI) it is must. 

Please provide all necessary additional information (including traces and documentation) to make complete technical description of the issue.

0 Kudos