cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RapidIO enumeration with USDPAA

andreloddenkemp
Contributor II

Hello all,

I am using QorIQ-SDK 2.0 with the P2041, P3041 and the P4080 boards and I want to use the USDPAA drivers for RapidIO. I have the usdpaa and the usdpaa-apps packages compiled, configured and running. I can also use the SRA application successfully. However, I have no clue of how to enumerate the RapidIO bus from user space when using the USDPAA.

Is there some application for user space, which can do that for me?

Best regards,

Andre

0 Kudos
2 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Andre Loddenkemper ,

NXP Serial RapidIO user space driver is composed of Linux UIO driver in Linux kernel space and SRIO driver/application in Linux user space. There are dma and srio UIO drivers which map dma/srio registers and SRIO
window to linux user space for user space driver usage. User space dma and srio driver provide driver interfaces for
application, and timer driver provide means to measure the performance. Application can use driver interface to accomplish the final srio function. Currently, the srio driver support two rapidio ports, and the dma driver supports two controllers and eight channels based on basic direct mode and basic chain mode .

The serial RapidIO interface provides a RapidIO port to communicate with other RapidIO devices. Please refer to the userspace driver in usdpaa/git-r4/git/src/srio/srio_driver.c.

Linux Kernel driver in drivers/uio/fsl_srio_uio.c.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

liguofa
Contributor III

the question is "I have no clue of how to enumerate the RapidIO bus from user space when using the USDPAA."

0 Kudos