Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run Linux SDK Based DPAA LINUX APPLICATION "dsp_dpa"

Jump to solution
nikunjtapodhan
Contributor I

Hi

I am referring QorIQ-SDK-1.8-IC-RevA.pdf .

Detailed steps are given to run l1d_app and other such linux apps , but could not see any steps mentioned in running "dsp_dpa" application.

Does any one know how to run linux sdk v 1.8 based DPAA Application "dsp_dpa"??

Please share your views using dsp_dpa application in linux because I faced some error with running this example single core

dsp_dpa "core mask" "Noofframes". What is the core mask if i run single core only?

regards

nikunj

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Where does this example application "dsp_dpa" exist?

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Where does this example application "dsp_dpa" exist?

Regards

0 Kudos
nikunjtapodhan
Contributor I

Hi Lunmin,

Please checkout the app from usdpaa apps git repository(specific to linux sdk ver 1.8) :

sdk/usdpaa/usdpaa-apps.git - User-Space Data-Path Acceleration Architecture Demo Applications

This app has to be used along with the Smart DSP based DPAA Integration example.

Reason for asking the question is,

1) Linux SDK 1.8 has very nice detailed documentation on running Smart DSP IPC Integration examples  along with corresponding  Linux application.

There are some steps to load kernel objects specific to IPC, shared memory etc. without this steps IPC wont work. Because of this steps I am easily able to run IPC Examples.

2) However there are no details given how to run the dsp_dpa app in conjunction with smart dsp binaries for DPAA Integration.

Can you please identify how to run this app with the smart dsp based DPAA Integration example?

regards

nikunj

0 Kudos
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello NIKUNJ TAPODHAN,

Thanks for the information.

From the code: sdk/usdpaa/usdpaa-apps.git - User-Space Data-Path Acceleration Architecture Demo Applications Please try 0x1 mask for single core0.

Have a great day,

Lunmin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos