cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert PWM Starting Pulse Width on MKL05Z

Jump to solution
rampsr
Contributor III

When setting the PWM component for the Kinetis MKL05Z in Codewarrior 10.3 I get an error when trying to set the "starting pulse width" to 0. "Error in initialization value, non zero expected". I want my signal to initialize with a 0% duty cycle like I have been able to with the HC08 series processors before switching to Kinetis. Is there a specific reason why processor expert refuses to set the starting pulse width to 0, or is this a bug/flaw in processor expert?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately, this is a limitation of Processor Expert timing computation model, that it cannot handle setting 0 duty in PWM_LDD component if the Counter frequency is set to "Auto select."

To workaround this situation, you can do the following steps:

1. Open the TimerUnit_LDD component referenced from the PWM_LDD component (visible in 'Expert' view mode, see the attached picture pwm1.png, there is TU1)

2. Open the inspector of the referenced TimerUnit_LDD component (e.g. TU1) and look for InputClock source / Counter frequency. There is by default "Auto select". Type in this field the same value shown in the third column of the row (see the picture pwm2.png, there is 655.360 kHz).

After setting the Counter frequency to the fixed value, the 0 ms pulse width stops reporting the error.

best regards

Petr Hradsky

Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately, this is a limitation of Processor Expert timing computation model, that it cannot handle setting 0 duty in PWM_LDD component if the Counter frequency is set to "Auto select."

To workaround this situation, you can do the following steps:

1. Open the TimerUnit_LDD component referenced from the PWM_LDD component (visible in 'Expert' view mode, see the attached picture pwm1.png, there is TU1)

2. Open the inspector of the referenced TimerUnit_LDD component (e.g. TU1) and look for InputClock source / Counter frequency. There is by default "Auto select". Type in this field the same value shown in the third column of the row (see the picture pwm2.png, there is 655.360 kHz).

After setting the Counter frequency to the fixed value, the 0 ms pulse width stops reporting the error.

best regards

Petr Hradsky

Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos