How do I enable SetPage and GetPage in InitEEPROM component?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enable SetPage and GetPage in InitEEPROM component?

checkers
Contributor III

I am using the MC9S12P32CFT with Processor Expert. I added the InitEEPROM component and configured it the best I could, but I don't know how to enable and generate the SetPage and GetPage code.

What is the secret? Can't find anything useful in the docs or online.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

vfilip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

could you please check the "Typical Usage" page in the help of the component (Right click on the component followed "Help on Component" command). Some description should be also in the hint of the methods.

Anyway you need to set the Page Size property to non-zero value.

best regards

Vojtech Filip

Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos

checkers
Contributor III

I did that. I set the page size to 1024 bytes. The two functions SetPage() and GetPage() are still greyed out with no button to 'generate code' next to them.

So, I investigated a little deeper and decided to look at the generated code iin IEE1.c. Guess what? The code was generated and is in the file. So, the instructions are not clear, or this is a bug.

Setting the page size to non-zero automatically generates the code for SetPage and GetPage functions.

Maybe the Processor Expert team should fix this discrepency.

0 Kudos

vfilip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

it is misunderstanding from UI. If you see "generate code" text by a method it means method is available and its code is generated. However, I think that the behavior of the IntFlash component is correct and corresponds to the documentation. SetPage/GetPage methods are enabled in case the "Virtual page" item is set to "Enabled".

I think that get the answer for your original question:

Q: How do I enable SetPage and GetPage in InitEEPROM component?

A: These method are enabled only if Virtual page property is enabled

best regards

Vojtech Filip

Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos

checkers
Contributor III

well, the opinion stands. If you don't want people to ask stupid questions because they had to make un-necessary assumptions about how the program works, then

A little feedback is all that is needed. If the code is already generated, then there should be some indication of that fact where all of the functions are listed so that the user can tell with a glance that the job was done.

Take five minutes and write a more specific set of instructions!

0 Kudos