cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InterruptHandler Exception

drs
Contributor II

I am getting the following error message regularly:

Core #0: InterruptHandler: 0x1000 exception.

(sometimes the exception is 0x700)

How can I stop this happening?

I am debugging a fairly simple program that reads characters (via the UART) typed in from the terminal window.

I am using the P1025 Tower System.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

marius_grigoras
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

This seems to be a TLB error exception. Mostly, this is triggered when a invalid memory range is used (i.e. this is not allocated in TLB/MMU). Are you using the default bare-board project...or you modified something in it?

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

drs
Contributor II

Hi Marius,

I am using the default bare-board project.

I have added code to main.c and have included some header files psptypes.h (so that I can use boolean) and my own header (defining TRUE and FALSE).

My code writes to arrays, but I can not see that I'm doing anything wrong.

Regards,

Dave

0 Kudos

marius_grigoras
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dave,

Can you please attach the project and provide your specific debug flow? I need to know exactly what you're doing and which is the instruction that triggers the TLB exception.

Thank you,

Marius

0 Kudos

drs
Contributor II

Hi Marius,

I am getting a virus warning when I try to attach a zip file containing the project. I have attached the Linker Warning text, which was also left out.

I will attach the zip file, but will rename it to .txt, so that hopefully the virus checking will accept it. You will need to change the file extension to .zip.

Best regards,

Dave

0 Kudos

drs
Contributor II

Marius,

I am getting the following message back from the Freescale Community.

"The filename: Bareboard_IF15.txt.zip was blocked due to the following viruses:

stream: Heuristics.Broken.Executable FOUND"

Can you recommend another method for getting the project set to you?

I have scanned the zip file with our virus checker and it reports no problems.

Best regards,

Dave

0 Kudos

marius_grigoras
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dave,

I'll try to reproduce this issue on my side. Now, about the project please make next steps before attaching it:

1. Clean up your project from CW - Right click -> Clean Project

2. Right click on your project from CW -> Show in explore -> Here please delete all next file and folders:

- .settings

-. Debug_Settings

- RAM, ROM or/and Cache (depends what you built)

- Referenced Systems

- .cwGeneratedFileSetLog

Unzip it and try to attach it again (mostly the virus warning is due of elf files resided in the compiled project).

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

drs
Contributor II

Hi Marius,

I will try and attach the file again.

Please note that as an experiment, I have just created a bareboard project, made no changes and built and run it and I got

Core #%d: InterruptHandler: 0x%x exception.

(repeated many times)

Best regards,

Dave

P.S. I am off for the rest of this afternoon, but will be back tomorrow.

0 Kudos

drs
Contributor II

Hi Marius,

I have attached the project.

I opened a Tera Term window with the baud rate set to 115200 to match the project.

I built and ran the project and then typed in the following into the tera term window:

123456789012345678901234567890klmnop

The behaviour seems to be variable.

The results from Run_result.txt, shows the interrupt going off before all of the data is processed.

The results from Run_result_2.txt, has some strange text coming out while the program is loading. But the program runs successfully.

The results from Run_result_3.txt, shows the interrupt going off before all of the data is processed.

The results from Run_result_4.txt, shows the interrupt going off straight after the “Welcome to CodeWarrior” message, so no data was sent.

The results from Run_result_5.txt, has some strange text coming out while the program is loading. But the program runs successfully.

On previous runs I have seen the InterruptHandler exception being triggered while the program is loading.

I am getting a linker warning, as per the attached text file. This does not look right - perhaps this has some affect on my program?

Best regards,

Dave

0 Kudos