interfacing imx6 with emmc

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interfacing imx6 with emmc

saivenkatesh019
Contributor I

Actually I'm interfacing IMx6 with emmc  in toradex colibro board, when i'm working with sd card it detects sd card , but when comes to emmc it doesn't detects emmc card  , so  how to solve these issues and how to power this emmc module and detecting the externally connected emmc  MTFC8GAMALNA-AAT, so for  intialization is there any thing we do by externally and internally.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Which board are you using? How about your hardware connect (which usdhc port are you using)and software configuration for the emmc? You can share use your design first.

0 Kudos

saivenkatesh019
Contributor I

Hi,

I hope this message finds you well.

I wanted to provide an update regarding my project using the Toradex Evaluation Board (Rev 3.2) with the i.MX6 processor. I am interfacing with an eMMC card through the board’s SD card pins. The connections are set up as follows:

• The CMD and CLK pins are connected as per standard SD card interfacing.
  • For the data lines, out of D0-D7,I’m using D0-D3 from the eMMC, as the Toradex board only has these available.
  • The CD pin from the SD card interface is connected to GND to ensure that the eMMC card is detected properly.

Regarding eMMC memory partitioning, I have noted that there are five default partitions. Specifically, I found Boot1, Boot2, and RPMB (Replay Protected Memory Block), but I couldn’t locate a designated user space for reading and writing files.And to do this interfacing how will be the pin states for initial and final booting.

IMP:By this interfacing emmc card detected but I'm getting IO errors. 

Could you provide any insights or guidance on accessing the user space on the eMMC? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

0 Kudos

saivenkatesh019
Contributor I

Actually I'm interfacing emmc(MTFC8GAMALNA-AAT) with IMX6 in toradex board, the emmc card is detected but , doesn't found user area or user partition. And also getting some IO errors and bus width change failing errors.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos