Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLN-TLHMI-IOT Smart HMI Kit Flashing

Jump to solution
Wobaffet
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

We have an SLN-TLHMI-IOT kit to experiment for our project with RT1170 MCU. We don't have a J-Link so I can flash the board using only MSD. So is it possible to flash my own projects made with GUI guider instead of coffee machine or elevator examples via MSD and if so how can I start?

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ramon_Vega
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Gencay Akyuz,

Sure, this external debugger has i.MX RT1170 as one Supported Device, I just tested to build and run successfully in a SLN-TLHMI-IOT using MCU-Link as debugger.

I hope this information help you!

kind regards

Ramon.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Ramon_Vega
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear @Wobaffet 

Sorry for the late response, reviewing your case, I notice that in this board the SEGGER J-Link with a 9-pin Cortex-M adapter and V7.66c or newer is required due the only interface available is the JTAG header (J204), sorry for the inconvenience.

please refer the Getting Started section 3.3.3 Flashing and debugging SLN-TLHMI-IOT Projects.

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products.

Kind regards,

Ramon.

0 Kudos
Wobaffet
Senior Contributor I

Hello Ramon,

Thank you for your response. Can I use mcu-link from nxp, or pro version of this. As far as I can see they have jtag?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Ramon_Vega
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Gencay Akyuz,

Sure, this external debugger has i.MX RT1170 as one Supported Device, I just tested to build and run successfully in a SLN-TLHMI-IOT using MCU-Link as debugger.

I hope this information help you!

kind regards

Ramon.

Wobaffet
Senior Contributor I

Reminder.

0 Kudos