IMX31: Flashing via ATK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX31: Flashing via ATK

Herg
Contributor I
I have two IMX31ADS boards and one board of our own design that I cannot flash via ATK.  The HAB_TYPE displays as "Production".  I have one IMX31-3Stack board that I can flash via ATK.  In this case, HAB_TYPE is "Development/Disable".  Is the "Production" HAB_TYPE preventing me from flashing the uncooperative boards, and is there any way to change it?

We have a Realview ICE at one of our locations, but we are doing IMX31 development across 3 different locations.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Looks like your MX31ADS are from an old revision. Can you check the silicon mask?

You need to burn a fuse to enable UART communication with ATK. Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn off the ADS and remove the CPU board.

2. Remove resistor R227 from the CPU board (it is located in the back of the board)

3. Connect a jumper between 1-2 on JP37. (This puts FUSE_VDD at 1.8 V)

4. Insert the CPU board and turn on the ADS

5. Do a normal boot from NOR and get to Redboot prompt

6. Connect a jumper between 2-3 on JP37. ( This puts FUSE_VDD at 3.3V, which is required for blowing the fuses)

7. Send the following command: "RedBoot> fuse_blow 0 5 1 "

8. Confirm that the fuse was blown: "fuse_read 0 5" should read 0x1.

9. Connect a jumper between 1-2 on JP37
0 Kudos

Herg
Contributor I
The markings on the one I working with now:
PCIMX31VKN5
Q602ZYN.03 4
3L38W CHINA

Following the instruction above, I was able to get it to work.  I did have to do "fuse_blow 0 5 0" before the "fuse_blow 0 5 1" would actually work.  If only I can figure out how to blow the fuse without needing Redboot already in NOR, I'll be in business.

Thanks

Message Edited by Herg on 2008-10-24 03:11 PM
0 Kudos

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
You can use a JTAG debugger for loading the Redboot image directly into RAM. For the RealView tool you can find the initialization script inside the BSP iso. It is called init_ddr.inc.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam
0 Kudos