Using CLRC663 to receive information from an Android NFC enabled device

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using CLRC663 to receive information from an Android NFC enabled device

martinchowell
Contributor I

We have a device which incorporates a CLRC663 to read RFID cards, we are using a version of the NxpRfidLib and all is working well. We now are investigating ways in which we can use an Android NFC enabled device (tablet or phone) to send some configuration information to our device including hopefully WiFi credentials. We have looked at NFC modes, and although the data sheet for the CLC663 seems to imply that it supports NFC P2P in passive initiator mode, there appears to be no code examples or library support to enable this. Another idea was to use card emulation mode on our device but have found out that the CLRC663 cannot work in card emulation mode. Another solution might be to use the Android device in card emulation mode, but again we cannot figure out how we could send/recieve data using the NxpRfidLib.

Does anyone have any suggestions or code examples to show how we can transfer data from a phone to a CLRC663 based system?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, it support ISO/IEC 18092 contact-less protocol. Supported mode is passive initiator, i.e. using these components it is possible to communicate with a passive target in peer to peer mode.

You may find more information from SW2978.

SW2978\NxpNfcRdLib\docs\14_user_doc\html\d6\d42\group__phpalI18092mPI.html

And this : http://www.nxp.com/documents/user_manual/UM10721.pdf 

0 Kudos

martinchowell
Contributor I

I checked the SW2978 package but although the readme has some reference to the required example:

- NfcrdlibEx3_NFCForum NfcrdlibEx4_MIFAREClassic
+ project package of the example

The example directory NfcrdlibEx3_NFCForum has been removed from the archive. I am sttruggling to find any examples that uses the LLCP messaging with the CLRC663 chip. UM10721 does mention it but I cant find any worked eamples

I have looked at the latest version of the NXP reader library and there is a great example of P2P communication but it states categorically that the CLRC663 chip is NOT supported by this example. I am assuming that the latest version of the library contains all the functionality that was formerly in the P2P library variant?

0 Kudos