Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gmake: *** No rule to make target

Jump to solution
joshua_hong
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using Matlab R2002a, installed and activated license for NXP Support Package S32K1xx and also NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx.

I have opened gpio_s32k11x example project, and trying to generate the code using Embedded Coder, but encounter the following error message. will you be so kind to check the error message and advise a solution to correct the error?

E:\Program Files\NXP MBDT\gpio_s32k11x_mbd_rtw>set MATLAB=E:\Program Files\Matlabr2020a 

E:\Program Files\NXP MBDT\gpio_s32k11x_mbd_rtw>call  "\\HP-HP\E$\Program Files\Matlabr2020a\bin\win64\checkMATLABRootForDriveMap.exe" "\\HP-HP\E$\Program Files\Matlabr2020a"   1>mlEnv.txt 

E:\Program Files\NXP MBDT\gpio_s32k11x_mbd_rtw>for /F %a in (mlEnv.txt) do set "%a"\n 

E:\Program Files\NXP MBDT\gpio_s32k11x_mbd_rtw>set "MATLAB_ROOT=H:"\n 

E:\Program Files\NXP MBDT\gpio_s32k11x_mbd_rtw>set "ALT_MATLAB_ROOT=H:"\n 

E:\Program Files\NXP MBDT\gpio_s32k11x_mbd_rtw>set "MATLAB_BIN=H:\bin"\n 

E:\Program Files\NXP MBDT\gpio_s32k11x_mbd_rtw>set "ALT_MATLAB_BIN=H:\bin"\n 

E:\Program Files\NXP MBDT\gpio_s32k11x_mbd_rtw>cd . 

E:\Program Files\NXP MBDT\gpio_s32k11x_mbd_rtw>if "" == "" ("E:\Program Files\Matlabr2020a\bin\win64\gmake" MATLAB_ROOT=H: ALT_MATLAB_ROOT=H: MATLAB_BIN=H:\bin ALT_MATLAB_BIN=H:\bin  -f gpio_s32k11x.mk all )  else ("E:\Program Files\Matlabr2020a\bin\win64\gmake" MATLAB_ROOT=H: ALT_MATLAB_ROOT=H: MATLAB_BIN=H:\bin ALT_MATLAB_BIN=H:\bin  -f gpio_s32k11x.mk  ) 
gmake: *** No rule to make target `E:/Program', needed by `gpio_s32k11x.obj'.  Stop.

E:\Program Files\NXP MBDT\gpio_s32k11x_mbd_rtw>echo The make command returned an error of 2 
The make command returned an error of 2

E:\Program Files\NXP MBDT\gpio_s32k11x_mbd_rtw>exit 1 

Error(s) encountered while building "gpio_s32k11x":
### Failed to generate all binary outputs.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @joshua_hong ,

Maybe the issue is caused by the spaces you have in the path. Typically we noticed this in previous Matlab versions on PIL usecases.

mariuslucianand_0-1608063880979.png

I would try to reinstall our toolbox in a path with no spaces. Let's say E:/NXP_MBDT. Let's see if this solves your issue.

Hope this helps,

Marius

View solution in original post

2 Replies
joshua_hong
Contributor III

Hi @mariuslucianand,

thanks for advising on the matter. I have reinstalled the toolboxes in paths without space and there are no more build errors

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @joshua_hong ,

Maybe the issue is caused by the spaces you have in the path. Typically we noticed this in previous Matlab versions on PIL usecases.

mariuslucianand_0-1608063880979.png

I would try to reinstall our toolbox in a path with no spaces. Let's say E:/NXP_MBDT. Let's see if this solves your issue.

Hope this helps,

Marius