Downloading to the DEVKIT-MPC5748G using S32DS_PA results in Reset Escalation after POR

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading to the DEVKIT-MPC5748G using S32DS_PA results in Reset Escalation after POR

Jump to solution
ranulf
Contributor IV

After downloading a Simulink-generated elf file to the DEVKIT-MPC5748G using S32DS for Power Architecture the loaded app runs, but only until a power cycle. After a power cycle the board goes into reset escalation and doesn’t leave with the red reset LED on continuously forever. Yes, downloading over serial from Simulink resolves the problem, but with the downsides of much longer download times, and the need to have Simulink on the computer that does the downloading. The problem probably resides in the flash algorithm.

This problem may be the same as the problem described in the thread “DEVKIT-MPC5748G Download Error”.

Can a solution be found?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @ranulf 

My guess is that this behavior is related to the linker file, which is modified to work with the RAppID Bootloader. The next steps describe how to generate code using different linker files.

1. The new linker file has to be copied inside MBDT Toolbox. To go automatically to that location, please type in Matlab’s Command Window the following command:  winopen(fullfile(mbd_find_mpc_root, 'mbdtbx_mpc574x', 'src', 'linker', 'gcc')) The name of the file is “no_bl” because it uses no bootloader settings. 
  2. Once the file has been copied in the mentioned location, open the Main Configuration block from the model. Go to Built Toolchain, uncheck the “Default Target Memory Definitions” and please select the newly added linker file.mariuslucianand_0-1644524809632.jpeg
  3. If the linker file is not displayed in that dropdown, please go to the same location from your PC (1) and just replace the MPC5748G_flash.ld with the one from this e-mail. But backup first the original ld file.                      mariuslucianand_1-1644524809671.jpeg
  4. Now please generate the code and flash it to the target from the S32DS for PA.

Hope this helps,

Marius

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ranulf
Contributor IV

Thank you, @mariuslucianand, but I accepted the solution too soon. After I loaded the code it started running, but when I power-cycled the board the app did not run. It didn't go into reset escalation, however. That's different from before.  

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @ranulf 

My guess is that this behavior is related to the linker file, which is modified to work with the RAppID Bootloader. The next steps describe how to generate code using different linker files.

1. The new linker file has to be copied inside MBDT Toolbox. To go automatically to that location, please type in Matlab’s Command Window the following command:  winopen(fullfile(mbd_find_mpc_root, 'mbdtbx_mpc574x', 'src', 'linker', 'gcc')) The name of the file is “no_bl” because it uses no bootloader settings. 
  2. Once the file has been copied in the mentioned location, open the Main Configuration block from the model. Go to Built Toolchain, uncheck the “Default Target Memory Definitions” and please select the newly added linker file.mariuslucianand_0-1644524809632.jpeg
  3. If the linker file is not displayed in that dropdown, please go to the same location from your PC (1) and just replace the MPC5748G_flash.ld with the one from this e-mail. But backup first the original ld file.                      mariuslucianand_1-1644524809671.jpeg
  4. Now please generate the code and flash it to the target from the S32DS for PA.

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos