Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Download to S32K3x4-Q172

Jump to solution
MDenzinger
Contributor I

Hello,

the Application Download to the S32K3x4-Q172 DevKit from Simulink failes with an Error.

Error.png

After that error it reports that the Download was successful but it does not work.

Download.png

I can download and debug the generated ELF with S32DS and PEmicro GDB just fine.

Thanks in advance,

Micha

0 Kudos
1 Solution
georgevictor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @MDenzinger ,

It looks like you are using the MBDT for S32K3 (version 1.1.0) and you found the problem caused by the Windows limitation regarding the path maximum length of 248. 

The latest MBDT for S32K3 release (version 1.2.0) includes a fix for the misleading successfully download message. Now an error message appears when the executable file cannot be found.

Best regards,

Victor

View solution in original post

4 Replies
georgevictor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @MDenzinger ,

It looks like you are using the MBDT for S32K3 (version 1.1.0) and you found the problem caused by the Windows limitation regarding the path maximum length of 248. 

The latest MBDT for S32K3 release (version 1.2.0) includes a fix for the misleading successfully download message. Now an error message appears when the executable file cannot be found.

Best regards,

Victor

MDenzinger
Contributor I

Yes, exactly, as i wrote in a Reply down below.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
MDenzinger
Contributor I

The Process is pegdbserver_console.exe in NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K3xx\tools\eclipse\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne_5.1.4.202109291837\win32

0 Kudos
MDenzinger
Contributor I

I found the problem.

The GDB-Server couldn't load the .arp file for the chip because the path was longer than 248 characters (**bleep** you Windows).

CMD>CM C:\Users\mdenzinger_lokal\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K3xx\tools\eclipse\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne_5.1.4.202109291837\win32\gdi\P&E\supportFiles_ARM\NXP\S32K3xx\nxp_s32k344_1x32x1012k_hse_disabl▒

.ARP file does not exist.
Error loading programming algorithm - load aborted.
Error occured during Flash programming.

Most users probably won't have this issue because theis username is shorter (It's only 5 characters to long).

The workaround for me is to change the MATLAB Add-Ons Folder.

Maybe you could do something about that in future versions of the MBDT

0 Kudos