cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX Training

Jump to solution
cjlord
Contributor II
I am starting this thread in order to capture discussions and pointers to training resources for MQX and the associated stack training.  I amticipate needs from newbies to RTOS up to RTOS experts who need to add MQX or ColdFire elements.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
cjlord
Contributor II

An update to my original post...

In late 2009, I developed a two-day hands-on training class as part of our embedded systems training based on Freescale technologies.  You can see more details at http://www.tadatraining.com/rtos

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
cjlord
Contributor II

An update to my original post...

In late 2009, I developed a two-day hands-on training class as part of our embedded systems training based on Freescale technologies.  You can see more details at http://www.tadatraining.com/rtos

0 Kudos
Darkn3ss
Contributor II

I'd be interested in seeing some of the resources that you mention.

We decided to use MQX and the new 52259 controller because of the USB and Ethernet and me having never used it before or an RTOS for that matter, I'd be interested in as much help as I can get.  Up until now, I've been able to do everything I've needed without an RTOS to keep the processors as cheap as possible, but with the way the world is going with USB and web-based technologies, this is the route we're forced into going down.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
CarlFST60L
Senior Contributor II
I think the best thing for newbies to do is (if your not new to multi threaded development, this does not apply at all):

Buy some books on the following topics

POSIX real time (pthreads)

POSIX based Multithreaded

Read the MQX user guide and play with the examples

There are various POSIX (pthread) programming books, some are based on real time thread extensions which are perfect for this topic. While this is not exactly MQX, it is what MQX is based on and gives the fundamentals required to develop using MQX.

I was niave to start out thinking MQX to should 'teach me what i need to know', to me, its like expecting them to teach me how to write C code. If you want to learn thead based programming / development, then the best way is to buy some books and do some research on the topic.
Message Edited by CarlFST60L on 2009-10-22 12:53 AM
0 Kudos