cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch build of MQX

kenbarfield
Contributor I

Hi All,

I'm new to eclipse and a lot of other stuff. Not new embedded c.

I'm working out of the Rev 4.1.1 of Getting Started with Freescale MQX™ RTOS. Only on page 6. I'm trying to do the batch compilation of MQX libraries.

I get the error *** No rule to make target 'build'. Stop when I execute the command.

I've looked all over the place for the solution. Now I'm here.

Preparations:

I installed mingw32-make (as instructed), but later found that it is included in codewarrior 10.6

Added TOOLCHAIN_ROOTDIR = C:/FREESC~1/CWMCUV~1.6 to global.mak.

executed the command C:\MinGW\bin\mingw32-make.exe build TOOL=cw10gcc CONFIG=debug from 

the C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\build\twrk60f120m\make directory.

Get the No rule to make target 'build' message.

Help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ken,

Here is how I got the make to work on my Win7 64-bit machine that has CW10.6 as well.

I do think the document needs to be refreshed so will take that as homework assignment for myself.

I did install the MinGW.

I also added ";C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6\gnu\bin" to the "Path" System variable.  Not 100% sure I needed it but it is a step I did and still have implemented (once it is working why backtrack???).

I'm not using the command line (another homework assignment) but using Windows Explorer and just click on the .bat file to clean and then build.  I tested for the TWR-K60F120M and ARM GCC (not cw10gcc as it is being deprecated).

I didn't use the global.mak as location to setup the TOOLCHAIN_ROOTDIR but used the gcc_arm.mak file instead (no real reason as I was stumbling along trying to get rid of errors and make the "make" work).

Looking at CW10.6 the ARM GCC version is 4.7.3 and the gcc_arm.mak files aare trying to use 4.8.3. 

I found that the make does not like blank spaces in the path so instead of using the 8.3 abbreviation method I copied the arm-non-eabi-gcc-4_7_3 folder from CW MCU v10.6 to C:\.  Again I should try the 8.3 short folder naming and try it as homework.

In the C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1_0_GA\build\twrk60f120m\make\tools\gcc_arm.mak I added the following line at top of file:

TOOLCHAIN_ROOTDIR = C:/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3

I did have to update all the gcc_arm.mak files in the respective MQX component build paths to have the correct "4.7.3" rather than the default "4.8.3".

Just open C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1_0_GA\build\twrk60f120m\make\build_gcc_arm.bat in text editor to see all the path locations for the component tools/gcc_arm.mak files to edit.

Now I believe you should be able to compile the MQX RTOS components individually from their respective component paths or compile all the MQX RTOS components from the C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1_0_GA\build\twrk60f120m\make folder using the clean_gcc_arm.bat and the build_gcc_arm.bat batch files.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos