cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5746C OTP programming:

Susmitha
Contributor I

Hello,

I want to use OTP memory of MPC5746C to store public key of size 128 bytes. I have the following questions.

1.Reference Manual provides programming OTP memory through DCF records, I would like to know is there any other method to program OTP memory via coding, please provide some reference examples for programming OTP memory and what is DCF client used for storing data?

2.How can we convert flash memory as OTP memory and store some data in it, please provide some of the relevant examples regarding this.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

UTEST flash is like any other flash block, however is locked for OTP operation.

You will use exact same procedure as for programming the flash, but make sure you program valid 64bit records in it.

For example you can use our SDD driver:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=C55_NVM_SSD

for calculating DCF records, you can use our excel calculator tool:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-341677

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

Susmitha
Contributor I

Hello,

Thanks for the reply,

I would like to know what is the particular DCF module or client which is used to store data. 

Since DCF records excel tool provided above has only STCU and PASS- DCF clients but these are used for device configuration, but I just want to store some data in OTP memory, Please Let me know which DCF client is used for storing data.

Thanks and Regards,

Susmitha.

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

There is no DCF client needed. (Client corresponds to periphery - to set up its default registers values)

Please read the application note for details.

If you want to store data in DCF, simply use common flash programming procedure.

There is no restriction except use UTEST user area.

petervlna_0-1668001488179.png

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos