Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Sigma Delta ADC on MPC5777C

Jump to solution
berat24
Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I would like to read 4 different ADC data respectively from SDADC1 in continuous mode by initializing SDADC1 one time. As far as I understand from reference manuel, this is not possible and group conversion cannot be done.Also, I understood that I have to initialize SDADC continuously for reading data from different channels and in this initialization, I should update ANCHSEL registers.

Could you give me feedback about that? Is there any way to read 4 different ADC data from SDADC1 respectively with just one configuration in continuous mode.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Once enabled the SDADC keeps running. There is no “Single conversion mode”. This requires converted data to be continually drained by DMA or ISR. The digital nature of the SDADC means that there is a propagation delay as the data is clocked through the internal digital filters. This has to be taken into account at startup or at any channel mux change. This latency means that the SDADC is not well suited to some applications including motor control. When used in an AC sampling application it is likely that each SDADC will have to be dedicated to a particular input rather than switching the input channel.
SDADC offers higher conversion accuracy (16-bit result).

You have 4 SDADC modules available, ideal condition is every SDADC to be assigned to one channel. Or use eQADC module as this is ideal for switching channels.

davidtosenovjan_0-1649427317204.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Once enabled the SDADC keeps running. There is no “Single conversion mode”. This requires converted data to be continually drained by DMA or ISR. The digital nature of the SDADC means that there is a propagation delay as the data is clocked through the internal digital filters. This has to be taken into account at startup or at any channel mux change. This latency means that the SDADC is not well suited to some applications including motor control. When used in an AC sampling application it is likely that each SDADC will have to be dedicated to a particular input rather than switching the input channel.
SDADC offers higher conversion accuracy (16-bit result).

You have 4 SDADC modules available, ideal condition is every SDADC to be assigned to one channel. Or use eQADC module as this is ideal for switching channels.

davidtosenovjan_0-1649427317204.png

0 Kudos
berat24
Contributor III

Hi @davidtosenovjan 

Thank you for your kind response.

Which pdf did you take the photo you attached? Can you share with me? I cannot find it.

Sincerely.

0 Kudos