cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN9080C SPI slave select as GPIO

davideferrario
Contributor II

I am working on a QN9080C project.

I need to use SPI bus (kCLOCK_Flexcomm3) mapped on GPIO PA15, PA16, PA17 (SCK, MOSI, MISO).

I'd like to use any other GPIO as SPI chip select for some connected devices; I don't want to use SSEL0, SSEL1,.... pins.

How can I disable slave select number and active CS polarity (spi_ssel_t sselNum/spi_spol_t sselPol) into spi_master_config_t struct?

I'd like something like "config.outputMode = kSPI_SlaveSelectAsGpio" that it is available in other NXP ARM Cortex framework.

Thank you

Davide Ferrario

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Davide, I hope you're doing well!

I'm sorry for the inconveniences this may cause, but the available configurations for the SPI driver's Slave Select signal are shown in chapter 17.3.4.8 of the MCUXpresso SDK API Reference Manual for QN908x (found in the following path of the SDK: <...\SDK_2.2.1_QN908XCDK\docs\MCUXpresso SDK API Reference Manual_QN908x.pdf>).

The existing configurations allow you to choose which SSEL pin you want to use.

If other functionality is needed, I'm afraid it would have to be a custom implementation, and support would be limited.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

davideferrario
Contributor II

Hello.

I just need a way to disable all SSEL pins. Then I need a way to disable the SSEL pin management by the SPI driver.

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Davide,

The available configurations allow you to choose the desired SSEL pin, however, there's currently no implementation or configuration to disable these signals in the SPI module's registers.

More information about the SPI peripheral and the existing configuration registers can be found on chapter 22 of the QN9080's User Manual, which can be found here.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos