cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRINTF not working with demo apps on FRDM-KL02Z

Jump to solution
MarkPotts
Contributor III

I have installed MCUXpresso with an SDK for a FRDM-KL02Z board and successfully built and run a couple of examples. However I am not seeing any console output from these apps even though they download and run successfully. The debug console displays "P&E Semihosting Console" but nothing more. Under Quick Settings>>SDK Debug Console both consoles (Semihost and UART) are grayed out.

I am new to MCUXpresso so don't know where next to look. Any suggestions appreciated.

No PRINTF.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,  

Thank you so much for reaching us and thank you for your patience.

Please be sure that your project is selected, so the options of semihost and UART can be enable. I will show you how it looks:

PabloAvalos_0-1641433871745.png

Also, may you tell me what are you trying to print on console? Which debugger are you using for? I will stay tuned to your reply. Please let me know if you have more questions.

Happy New Year.
Best Regards.
Pablo Avalos.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,  

Thank you so much for reaching us and thank you for your patience.

Please be sure that your project is selected, so the options of semihost and UART can be enable. I will show you how it looks:

PabloAvalos_0-1641433871745.png

Also, may you tell me what are you trying to print on console? Which debugger are you using for? I will stay tuned to your reply. Please let me know if you have more questions.

Happy New Year.
Best Regards.
Pablo Avalos.

MarkPotts
Contributor III

Hi Pablo,

I followed your suggestion and the Semihost debug console is now working. I am using the console for debug output during development. I am initially developing on a FRDM-KL02Z board using the built-in PE OpenSDA debug probe. When I move to the target hardware I will use a PE Multilink.

Thanks,
Mark

0 Kudos
MarkPotts
Contributor III

I checked further and the OpenSDA serial port works correctly using TeraTerm outside the IDE. Viewing the PE Debug configuration under Project Explorer shows the semihosting console routed to Telnet and not GDB client. I don't know if this is correct. I tried disabling the Windows 10 Firewall but this makes no difference.

PE Debug config.png

0 Kudos