cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gui flash tool with hyperFlash ?

rans
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

Can Gui flash tool be used with hyperFlash ?

In debugging that is  in c/c++ build -> mcu-> setting mcu we do specify driver name of hyperflash (S26KS512), but I don't see anything similar in Gui flash tool setting.

But in "Gui flash tool" window, I didn't find anywhere in the window where the hyperFlash type is being names or configured. 

Another thing, is it supported to use more than one hyperFlash (each has its own cs) ?

Does "Gui flash tool" gives the choice between them ? Which field in window indicates it? Is it the offset ?

Thank you for any idea,

ranran

4 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The supplied i.MX RT 1xxx flash drivers for the IDE's LinkServer debug mechanism only handle 1 flash device.

With regards to erase, the supplied RT1xxx flash drivers will, when programming, erase the required area of flash by "block" on these devices (which IIRC is 256KB).

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

rans
Senior Contributor I

The supplied i.MX RT 1xxx flash drivers for the IDE's LinkServer debug mechanism only handle 1 flash device.

Is it only the flash connected to CS 0# ?

Regards,

ranran

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ranran,

What's your chip part number?

Which GUI do you work wit? can you please post the link?

Thanks.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rans
Senior Contributor I

Hello ZhangJennie,

I see that it works with EVK hyperFlash.

But in our custom board there will be 2 hyperflash:

1. hyperflash On CS1:

S71KS512SC0 or S71L256SC0 (one of them, not sure which)

http://www.cypress.com/file/322936/download

2. hyperflash On CS2:

S26KL512S

http://www.cypress.com/file/213346/download

Is it possible to program both hyperflash connected with MCUXpresso ? How do we do this ? How does gui knows where each one is mapped and how to access (driver) each of them ?

Another thing, I need  to flash 2 application in hyperFlash, but seems that erase (or erase by sector) will always erase completely the flash.

Isn't there a way to erase just part of flash ?

Thank you!

ranran

0 Kudos