cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7462AU Configuration settings for RF

trivedimanva
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using PN7462AU Eval kit for the card detection and using "phExCcid" example for my development.

And I have set below setting in EEPROM Bin file :

1. DPC = Disable

2. TxLDO = Internal

3. TVDD = 3.6V

With these settings I am facing the error in Contactless card detection.

It detect the same card repetitively even if the contactless card is present in the proximity of antenna.

So, Please guide & suggest me the solution with above settings.

Looking forward for the support.

Thanks & Regards

Manva Trivedi

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

trivedimanva
Contributor II

Hi Kan,

No, I did not change or modify anything from the hardware side.

I have just created the two CCID Interfaces from the firmware side only.

Regards

Manva

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Manva,

Thanks for the information! I think that is due to you disable the DPC. Better enable it and you may reduce the number of gears to 1. Please refer to the following for details.

pastedImage_1.png

Please refer to https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN11742.pdf for more details.

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

trivedimanva
Contributor II

Hi Kan,

I have already read these application note for the DPC - AN11742 (PN5180 and PN7462 DPC Calibration and Trimming) where they mentioned about the reducing the gear size and LUT sizes, which causes the use only one gear and automatically defines the TX setting.

Even I have also read about the LPCD - AN11785(PN7462AU LPCD and Standby mode) in they have mentioned that if we disable the DPC then need to use the LPCD mode right ?

Can you please help me for the :-

1. As you mentioned for reducing the gear size, Can you provide me a sample of it.

Because I have tried it with many ways with NXP Cockpit Software and I also configure the phcfg_EE.h and the phcfg_PF.c and changed the values of  wWakeUpTimerVal for wake up intervals as per application note,  bOcProtControl for the disabling the DPC, mode, bSizeOfLUT to reduce the size as mentioned in application note , bUseTxLdo to select the internal TxLDO,  eFullPowerTvddSel to select the TVDD 3.6v.

2. How do I configure the LPCD ?

It will great of yours, if you can share me example of disabling the DPC and configuring it with the reducing the gear and LUT size & all. Because I am not getting how do set it. 

So, with support it might be possible, I will request you to share example of it with PN7462.

Looking forward for your kind support.

Thanks & Regards

Manva Trivedi

0 Kudos

trivedimanva
Contributor II

Hi Kan_Li‌,

Thanks for reply on my questions.

1. I have already tried to set the size of LUT and gear but I am not sure that what I have did it was right or wrong that's why I am asking for the sample, if you can provide me for reference.(It might be possible that I have set some wrong parameter unknowingly). So by your shared reference or sample code I can set the setting for bSizeOfLUT & all.

2. I am still trying to figure out your shared screen shot details(of code) to set into my "phExCcid"(I am not using "NfcrdlibEx1_BasicDiscoveryLoop") example for the proper working, But I need some confirmation about placing the code in "phExCcid_clif.c" in the phExCcid_ClifMain().

Just before the switch case, Please confirm me whether I am placing the code at right place or not.(It will great if you can provide direct example in "phExCcid" example, Because sometime it is difficult to determine where to place the functions.)

Please, If possible then provide me some sample of both so that I can make sure I am going right.

And also can you please let know that, What happen when we disable the DPC, like which configuration or setting it fetches for the antenna.

Looking forward for the response and support.

Best Regards

Manva Trivedi

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Manva,

1. You may use Cookpit to modify EEPROM content directly, Please refer to the following for details.

pastedImage_2.png

2. normally CCID demo disable the standby mode, so LPCD is disabled as well, but you may enable it in the parameter of sDiscLoopParam.

pastedImage_3.png

please refer to the following for more details.

pastedImage_4.png

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

trivedimanva
Contributor II

Hi Kan_Li‌,

Hello Once again ... 

As the details mentioned in the AN11742-PDC document. I was trying to change the "DPC_AGC_GEAR_LUT_SIZE" in "phCfg_PF.c" file to work with DPC disable condition.

So can you please let me know for which variable in "phCfg_PF.c" I have change the "DPC_AGC_GEAR_LUT_SIZE" for setting single gear. 

And Please let me know if I am configuring the wrong variable in the "phCfg_PF.c" or else we have to assign the values in some other variables in "phCfg_PF.c" file.

DPC_1.PNGDPC_2.PNG

Looking forward for your kind response & Support.

Thanks & Regards

Manva

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Manva,

Answer to Q1: Actually we have already provided an App note on that topic, UM10948, and I recommend you follow the steps in "4. Update EEPROM by NFC Cockpit Tool", which makes things easier.

Answer to Q2:The NfcrdlibEx1_BasicDiscoveryLoop in the NFC reader library provides the sample on how to enable LPCD , please kindly refer to the following for details.

pastedImage_1.png

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Manva,

After you applied the above changes, did you modify the hardware settings? Please kindly clarify.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos