The TFTPboot/TFTP command dropped the package when the file size is bigger than 2k bytes.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The TFTPboot/TFTP command dropped the package when the file size is bigger than 2k bytes.

Jump to solution
Em31
Contributor II

@yipingwang 

When I used the command tftpboot to update an image greater than 2K bytes to the ks1046ardb, it returned the error message: Retry count exceeded; starting again

Using fm1-mac5 device
TFTP from server 192.168.5.32; our IP address is 192.168.5.34
Filename 'ls1046a-rdb-pb.dtb'.
Load address: 0x84000000
Loading: T T T T T T T T T T
Retry count exceeded; starting again

From the host side, I can see that it initially established a connection, then stopped replying to the host side, and finally dropped the package.
Because it previously uploaded a file of less than 2k bytes, I'm wondering if the TFTPboot command has a size limit that I should be aware of.
If there is a size limit, could you point me in the direction of a method other than using an SD card to transfer the image to the LS1046ardb? I cannot use an SD card to transfer the image for personal reasons, but I do have a code warrior if that helps.
Thanks, Em

0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Probably there is problem with your tftp server.

You could use CodeWarrior to program image to LS1046ARDB.

After installing CodeWarrior, you could refer to section "7.7 Using flash programmer from eclipse IDE" in C:\Freescale\CW4NET_v2020.06\CW_ARMv8\ARMv8\Help\PDF\ARMv8_Targeting_Manual.pdf  to do flash programing with CodeWarrior.

1. In "Target Connections" panel, duplicate LS1046A_RDB.

2. Double click "LS1046A_RDB(1)", In "Target Initialization File", do the following modification and save it.

USE_SAFE_RCW = False

=>

USE_SAFE_RCW = True

3. Please click "flash programing" icon in "Target Connections" panel to do flash programing.

You could program images to QSPI or NAND flash.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Probably there is problem with your tftp server.

You could use CodeWarrior to program image to LS1046ARDB.

After installing CodeWarrior, you could refer to section "7.7 Using flash programmer from eclipse IDE" in C:\Freescale\CW4NET_v2020.06\CW_ARMv8\ARMv8\Help\PDF\ARMv8_Targeting_Manual.pdf  to do flash programing with CodeWarrior.

1. In "Target Connections" panel, duplicate LS1046A_RDB.

2. Double click "LS1046A_RDB(1)", In "Target Initialization File", do the following modification and save it.

USE_SAFE_RCW = False

=>

USE_SAFE_RCW = True

3. Please click "flash programing" icon in "Target Connections" panel to do flash programing.

You could program images to QSPI or NAND flash.

0 Kudos
Em31
Contributor II

@yipingwang thank you.

Regarding flashing the image through code warrior, I have a few questions.

1. Does it matter what kind of image I should flash into the LS1046ardb? elf ?.img? or.dtb?

2. What address do I need to flash in? During the tftpboot from the SD card boot, I was using the addresses 0x8400000 for.dtb and 0x85000000 for the image.

3. After flashing the image to the LS1046ardb, how do I boot the image?

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1. You could program any kind of images.

2. You could program Kernel image and dtb image after 0x01000000 on QSPI flash.

3. Please refer to the following command to read images from QSPI flash.

=>sf read 0x81000000 <kernel_address> 0x3000000

=>sf read 0x82000000 <dtb_address> 0x100000

=> booti 0x81000000  - 0x82000000

0 Kudos
Em31
Contributor II

I have been stuck on this issue for a while. Can anybody pls help me with this?

many thanks!

em

0 Kudos