cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso 54114_3 cores_blinky_example

himanshudoshi
Contributor III

Hello to all,

I am working on the lpcxpresso 54114 development board. I have gone through different search options to get an idea about the effect of different cores on operating a piece of code. So, can any body create an example of blinky project in all three cores (M4, M0+, dual-core) and the way of execution?

It will be great help.

Thanking you once again,

Regards,

Himanshu

5 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The LPC541xx parts don't have 3 cores. They only have (upto) 2 cores - a Cortex-M4 and (on some parts) a Cortex-M0+. 

The LPCOpen package for LPC5411x contains a dual core example that will blink the LED. You may also wish to see the FAQ at:  https://community.nxp.com/message/630715 

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

himanshudoshi
Contributor III

Hii,

Is it possible to run an M4 core project on the M0+ core, by including a small piece of code? And also, Is it okay, if you can post a blinky example for M0+ core. Since I encountered with some or other errors.

Thanking you once again,

Regards,

Himanshu

0 Kudos

rocketdawg2
Contributor II

It is not likely that a executable compiled for an M4 would run on a M0+.  The CPU are different and have different resources, clocks, ..., that are set up at reset time.  The M0+ instruction set is a sub set of the M4, if the M0+ tried to execute an M4 instruction, the world would come to an end.  You can consider the M4 as the master and it actually starts up the M0+ with an image stored in the M4 code.

himanshudoshi
Contributor III

Hello Mr. Thedens,

Thank you very much for your tip. I have also gone through few documentation, stating the same. Thank you for the advice.

I need a small favor, I really need a blinky example for M0+ core. Is it possible for you to provide me an example, to run the blinky example only on M0+ core without any intervention of M4 core? or blinky example to execute on M0+ core using master core or any other way?

Thank you very much, since I am new to this field, facing problem with coding these.

Regards,

Himanshu

0 Kudos

himanshudoshi
Contributor III

Hii,

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, I have gone through the link posted by you. It was a great help for multi-core projects.

Regards,

Himanshu

0 Kudos