USB Hub code for LPC43XX

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Hub code for LPC43XX

k2
Contributor III

I have a LPC4337 (DUAL HS USB) board designed and working with an embedded USB HUB.

I have USB HUB code working from a previous LPC54608 design.

Is there any USB HUB code that would plugin into the LPC4337 ?

back porting this code to the LPC4337 from the LPC54608 series looks really ugly.

Can anybody help or have any suggestions ?

Kevin  

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately we do not have hub support in our LPC4337 USB host stack at this time. If you look around our forum you will find some folks who are writing their own hub support on this other parts in this family. Perhaps you can contact them to see if they are willing to share their experience. Right now we have no plans to produce a hub driver for our host stack, but this could change if we begin to see significant demand for this.

Regards!
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

eugen_bayer
Contributor I

No support - no business. 

We will simply switch to microchip, if the small company NXP does not have the ressources - but some lonesome fighters in customer companies.

0 Kudos

bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can't (and don't want to) speak about performance of competitor's devices, but the LPC1800/4300 integrate very performant USB 2.0 peripherals. We selected for these devices the most powerful USB block from our IP vendor.

The achievable USB throughput on these MCUs is best in class.

We supported Thesycon in their development of professional USB software for various applications, especially for the LPC1800/4300 architectures:

Thesycon website:   Device Driver development - USB Reference Projects - Audio, Network 

and their feedback about the performance was very positive. But of course their software and service is not for free.

0 Kudos

k2
Contributor III

I ended up writing my own HUB app (with TT support) for the LPC43XX.

I have a LPC43XX dual HS port board design with an embedded 3 port HS HUB up and running.

Its based on the LPC43XX using ULPI for the 2nd HS PHY.

Blazingly fast. It supports a 2 LUN UHS-I and UHS-II sd cards.

I'm getting 200MB/s xfer rates on the UHS-II port.

If anyone is interested in getting one let me know.

0 Kudos

shivrajtbm
Contributor I

Hi ,

can u help me for this USB hub code changes ..

I am implementing hub code to detect HID keyboard & Printer using LPC43xx only.

So, sharing of your inputs / code files for this part will be much helpful & appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos