cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Demo LPC8N04 BSP V1.1 demo_app, doesn't work after a powercycle

m_spit
Contributor III

Hi,

In an earlier thread Can someone provide me with the out-of-the-box firmware/code?  I got the proper out-of-the-box firmware for the LPC8N04 devkit. However, Ive got a few problems with this firmware.

I built the firmware, which were 3 projects; the demo itself, and 2 projects referenced by the demo firmware (app_demo, li_board_bp and lib_chip_8Nxx). In BSP v1.0 these 2 referenced projects were included in the smaller demo codes as an included folder.

The build gave me a warning, saying I miss the path for lib_chip_nss and also the path 'mods' wasn't found.

pastedImage_1.png

Nevertheless, the build did continue and it made a project that I could upload to my board.

When i program the flash of my board, the code only runs ONCE. When I powercycle the board (disconnect USB-power and reconnect USB-power), the demo doesn't work anymore.

I also tried it with battery power and with NFC power, but it didn't work. I also tried to remove the 'main' breakpoint in the debug config, but it didn't help. I also tried the 'release' as target instead of 'debug' but that also didn't work after a powercycle.

What I'm most interested in, is the energy harvesting functionality (VNFC) which doesn't work. I think it has to do with this powercycle problem.

I'd appreciate every help I can get!

3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

M Spit

I think this article should solve your issue:

LPC Boot ROM checksum

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

m_spit
Contributor III

Thanks for your input!

The document says the following:

"For some LPC device, for example LPC8N04, older Boot ROM version 0.12 (equipped in Rev B board) doesn’t contain checksum but newer version 0.14( equipped in Rev C board ) adds it."

I checked the revision of my board, and it says 'revision C'. I calculated the checksum anyway and got the value '0xEFFF5F99'. The issue seemed to be resolved! Thanks!

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Good to know the problem was solved. You are welcome!

0 Kudos