cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCOpen for LPC1788: missing INF files and USBD sources

carlobramini
Contributor II

Hello,

I downloaded LPCOpen 2.10 for LPC1788, which is the latest version at the time of writing, and I tried to compile the USB CDC sample. I got some problems:

1) There are not the INF files for the various USB device samples. I tried to make one myself, starting from other existing INF files, but without success. Where can I find these files for both x32 and x64 versions of Windows?

2) It seems to me that it is included only a part of the lpcusblib, for handling the host mode in lpcusblib_MassStorageHost and lpcusblib_KeyboardHost samples. There is no trace of the code for handling the USBD and as far as I know, the LPC1788 has not ROM drivers for handling USB devices. There are some precompiled binaries in the LPCOpen archive, but they refuse to link and I got lot of unresolved externals. I downgraded to a GCC-4 and I was able to link successfully. Where can these missing sources be found, so that I can rebuild the libraries myself?

Sincerely.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

carlobramini
Contributor II

Hello,

1) from this link, I went to the location with the LPC-Link 2 driver package:

LPCXpresso Link2 USB driver package | www.LPCware.com 

and, after installing it, I got this first issue resolved: after attaching the LPC1788 with usbd_lib_cdc_uart firmware, the driver has been automatically installed. I think that it would be better to put this link in the page with the download of LPCopen.

2) This is still unresolved... I'm forced to used an older GCC, although it is not a big problem, at least for now.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Carlo Bramini,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and the opportunity to serve you.

1) There are not the INF files for the various USB device samples. I tried to make one myself, starting from other existing INF files, but without success. Where can I find these files for both x32 and x64 versions of Windows?

LPCOpen software platform USBD Library drivers for Windows | www.LPCware.com 

2) It seems to me that it is included only a part of the lpcusblib, for handling the host mode in lpcusblib_MassStorageHost and lpcusblib_KeyboardHost samples. There is no trace of the code for handling the USBD and as far as I know, the LPC1788 has not ROM drivers for handling USB devices. There are some precompiled binaries in the LPCOpen archive, but they refuse to link and I got lot of unresolved externals. I downgraded to a GCC-4 and I was able to link successfully. Where can these missing sources be found, so that I can rebuild the libraries myself?

Yes, I think so.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos